header picture

header picture

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Heaton Basketball Camp #1

Last week the kids and I went down to my parents house in Orderville for the annual Heaton Basketball Camp/Family Reunion. Tyson decided he needed to stay home and play video games.....errrrr.....I mean "work!" For some reason the idea of spending 5 days with 46 of my aunts/uncles/cousins all jam packed into one house feels a little overwhelming to him! It is kind of overwhelming to me and I've had my whole life to get used to it! But we always have lots of fun and the kids improve their basketball skills and have fun playing with other cousins their age. They went to camp each morning Monday - Friday from 7:00-10:00 a.m. The camp is almost entirely dribbling and shooting drills. I'm impressed the kids stick with it the whole way through! It is definitely hard work. By the end of the week they are tired and sore, but they never complained even once. They did complain that they don't like the ring tone on my cell phone alarm, which I think was a way of saying that getting up at 6:30 every morning (after staying up until 9:30ish each night) was difficult, to say the least! Most of the days while they were at camp I went to the local gym, then got ready for the day, and went over to watch them. One of the days I took my dad to a doctors appointment in St. George.

This first picture is of the 2nd graders in the camp, Erin, Lydia, Blake, Garrett and Drake (all cousins.)




On Tuesday afternoon we decided to beat the heat by getting a treat at the Slushie Shack in town and going to the park to eat it. We took my sister Anna's little girl, Erin, with us too. Her parents didn't come down, they just sent her with Grandma Carolyn, so we sort of adopted her for the week.




Grandma Carolyn and Grandpa Burke always buy everyone a fun t-shirt to wear and they even pay for the basketball camp. Thanks so much to both of them for all the time and money they spend to make this a fun experience for all of us! And a big thanks to my parents for hosting everyone. It's not easy to see your house over run with that many people! More about Basketball Camp to follow in my next couple of posts.

No comments: