Thanksgiving weekend I played in an alumni volleyball tournament with my sisters Sara and Anna. The Turkey Tournament is a two day tournament to help raise money for scholarships for students from our high school. It's been 16 years since I've played volleyball (other than 2-3 little games during that time) so I was a little nervous about it.....and I felt very OLD and DECREPIT! But I had a lot of fun and maybe will even do it again in a few years. Next time though I am definitely buying knee pads! My poor knees are bruised and floor burned and still hurting a week later! I didn't think I could wear both my knee braces and knee pads at the same time. I'm going to give it a try next time though! We were all really sore after playing six games and I honestly thought I was in half way decent shape. Not so! I was so sore everywhere including my hands! The motion of setting may look very simple but do it enough times, after not having done it in many, many years, and you'll be borrowing your dad's Aspercreme for the next couple of days! We talked about taking a picture of all of us sisters icing our injuries (me with my hands and knee, Sara with her swollen knee, and Anna with a twisted foot!) but we never got it done. Tyson took lots of awesome picture for us. I felt like a real athlete having a professional photographer on the sidelines. I may not have looked like a real athlete but I did feel like one! Our team ended up taking 5th place. It would have been 4th, but they did the brackets weird so that two teams played for 3rd and 5th, rather than 3rd and 4th. I did feel good that our first game on the second day we beat out the team that usually wins the tournament and sent them into the losing bracket. It was our shining moment!
Our team was made up of Sara, Me, Anna, Taylor and Courtney Lamb, and Kayla, Chris and Malissa Maxwell.
The kids were getting pretty sick of watching our games! They spent most of the time playing with the Ipads. Lexi was the only one who watched her mom "try" (her word, not mine!) to play Volleyball.











No comments:
Post a Comment