What a crazy fun Halloween we had this year! Usually I feel like there are too many Halloween parties to go to, but this year felt just right. The kids had their Halloween carnival at school. I went and helped out in Drake and Garrett's classroom (the cupcake walk) and in Zac's classroom (buckets of gross stuff - I did the fish eggs). I didn't have my camera with me to take pictures though. We also went to the college's School of Ghouls party. I really like the way they did it this year. Usually you have to buy tickets and count out tickets for each activity you do and it was hard to keep it even for all the kids and you ran out of tickets way too fast. This year, though, it was a flat $5 per person and you could go around doing all the games you wanted and it included a chili dinner. So much easier this way! I hope they keep it like that for the years to come.The kids played lots of games and had so many snacks they didn't know what to eat first!
Then on Halloween Night we went trick or treating around the neighborhood. We hit about 5 streets in a little over an hour and then the kids were tired and their buckets were plenty full so we went home to enjoy the spoils.
Garrett ran from house to house for the first few streets but he wore out pretty fast and wanted to be done before everyone else was ready. He loved having his own Superman flashlight to light the way for all of us though.
Drake was a Clone Trooper from Star Wars.....or so they tell me. I'm not a Star Wars fan so I know next to nothing about it.
Zac was also a character from Star Wars....Darth Mal, except his mask didn't fit. Lexi was so funny....she said in a VERY dramatic voice, "Oh...my darling little brother grew up to be a Sith!"
Lexi was a skeleton. We tried to paint her face to look like a skull. I'm no artist so this was as good as it gets.
And here they are with all their loot. We also ended up not giving out hardly any of the candy I had bought for the neighbors. Tyson was supposed to hand it out but instead he shut off the lights and pretended he wasn't at home! I guess I'll save it for Christmas stockings.....if it lasts that long!










No comments:
Post a Comment