header picture

header picture

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Miscellaneous November

It's starting to feel a lot like winter around here, so last weekend we took the kids to the McDonald's play place to get their energy worked out because we were going crazy cooped up in the house. They had fun running around chasing each other while Tyson took pictures of them with his new lens. Lexi kept asking me if she could wear these dangly blue earrings of mine and I finally consented to let her wear them for one day (she managed to bend the rules and wear them for 3 days!), but after seeing this picture I immediately demanded them back! She can wait another 10 years before she starts to look all grown up!
Garrett has been doing his own hair lately....with a cute little spiky part in the front!  It's hard to see it in the picture, but he does look pretty darn adorable.  This kid has so much spunk it is almost scary!

Then, rather than eat at McDonald's we went across the street to try the new Beto's restuarant.  It is a fast food Mexican place and we thought it was pretty tasty.  All the kids have been begging to go back.  It's nice to see this little town start to get some more businesses.  We also now have a Big Five sporting goods store and soon we'll have a Panda Express.
I had to put this picture up to prove that Zac really was with us on this outing.  We didn't get pictures of him at McDonald's because he was too busy playing. Tomorrow Zac gets to go to the college with his cub scout pack to see "A Christmas Story" (you know....."you'll shoot your eye out!") He is very excited and I'm hoping the two pack leaders can handle that many boys at a civilized event.  Crossing my fingers!
A few posts ago I put a picture of Garrett after he lost his first tooth.  Well, not to be outdone, Drake decided to lose one too, so then of course Garrett had to stay one ahead......so......! Also, these two amazing boys are the very top two kids in their class in reading.  Garrett has passed off 225 sight words and Drake has passed off 125.  Tomorrow they get to have a Wendy's lunch with their teacher in their classroom because they were the first two to pass off their 100 words. They are so excited that I'm sure I won't have a hard time getting them to wake up in the morning!
I have two children who love to cook (the other two couldn't care less!) so tonight they made dinner for us.  Garrett made the syrup (with a tiny bit of help from mom) and Lexi made waffles.



And Mom just sat down and ate a lovely dinner made by someone else without even having to pay for it.  That's the first time in quite awhile! I could really get used to this. Do you think Zac could learn how to make bacon?! Hmmm.... Now, if only the kids would love to do the clean up after making dinner, then the evening would be perfect!
And, last but not least, a picture of Tyson.  This is how he'll look all winter since the weather has gotten cold.  That bald head has to stay covered up pretty much all the time so he doesn't freeze to death!  What a handsome fella!

No comments: