header picture

header picture

Saturday, November 3, 2012

October Happened

Wow! Someone completely forgot to blog about October this year! But now we're back on track and here are some random pictures just to prove that October really did happen for the Chappell family.

First of all, we finished out the Fall soccer season with a double elimination tournament.  It turned out to be a good day for it.  The boys did great and had a fun time.  We're already looking forward to the Spring season.  And, YAY, there weren't any games where I froze to death!


Lexi has been doing the Fall volleyball season. She's had a lot of fun and is learning a lot. She has one more week and then the season will be over.
We ended up getting a Costco membership and went through the whole store to see what they had.  We've been loyal Sam's Club customers for years and I'm almost sad we switched.  From what I can tell, Costco is more expensive and I wasn't terribly impressed with some of the produce I bought.  We may be switching back next year, but we'll give Costco a shot for now.
We've been to the Seven Peaks Fun Centers (formerly called Trafalga) several times since we bought our Pass of all Passes in September.  What spoiled up little kids we have!
We went over to Orem and celebrated the October Birthdays (Tyson, his brother Shay, their mom, Susan, and Uncle Shaun.)  We got Papa John's Pizza and had cheesecake for dessert.  Then Great Grandma Murphy read the kids a book that Tyson's parents brought back for them from their recent trip to Hawaii.
Lexi and I went to the Tae Bo Black Light party.  Lexi just hung out with the other girls her age that were there, while I had a great workout.  I could get used to working out in the dark.....then no one can see if you're doing it wrong!
Tyson finally got the new lens he's been talking about for the past few years.  This is the big dog, mystic unicorn of camera lenses.  He is one spoiled boy!  He has taken pictures of everything.....his toes, the wall, his unsuspecting wife while she vacuums, etc. etc. etc!
 The kids had Red Ribbon Week at school (say no to drugs.)  They got to have lots of fun dress up days.  One of the days was Crazy Hair Day, which of course is always a winner.  We had literally 10 minutes to get everyone's hair done that day.....good thing we have so many boys!  


And last, but not least, Garrett lost his very first tooth!  Or rather, daddy pulled it out for him.  He was very excited!
I will have to post about Halloween in a few days since my pictures are still on Tyson's camera and he has it with him so he can shoot the college girl's basketball game.  Happy belated October everyone!

No comments: