Yesterday our sweet baby boys turned 6 years old. That's right...they're 6 already! It's been an amazing past 6 years with these boys. They are so much fun, so smart and happy and we are very lucky to be their parents!
First thing that morning we cooked them a yummy waffle breakfast (each with their own kind of syrup because being complete opposites in every way they don't even like the same kind of syrup! Drake likes maple and Garrett likes caramel.) Then they went off to Kindergarten for the day. I showed up there just after lunch and surprised them by being the Mystery Reader and by bringing cupcakes. For Mystery Reader I read the book Duck in the Truck by Jez Alborough because it went with their book for the week, Fix it Duck, by the same author. Then I gave each kid some homemade play dough so they could mold a character or the truck or boat from the story.
Their teacher, Mrs. Matthews, does a cute birthday spotlight where she shows a picture of each year of their life while they walk around the globe and the kids all sing a song.
When they got home from school Grandma Susan and Grandpa Bill were here
and we opened presents. They were very excited for the Lego sets from Grandma Debbie and Grandpa Gerry. Up until now Legos have pretty much been something only Zac has had. They put their Lego sets together that night. Zac helped Garrett and Lexi and Bill helped Drake. It was fun to see them working together so well.
We gave them some baseball toys. Nice gloves and a toy pitching machine. Now they can play catch with Dad like Lexi and Zac always do.
Bill and Susan gave them some fun toy guns and pretty soon there was ammo flying everywhere! I'm going to be finding darts until Christmas! Uncle Shay came the next day and bought Drake an Iron Man toy and Garrett a Spiderman web shooter but I don't have pictures of those.
Lexi, being such a darn sweet and thoughtful sister, used her own money to buy them each a ball and a Hot Wheels car. They were very happy with them.
After opening presents we went to Wingers for dinner. I wish I
would have had a picture of when they brought out two HUGE pieces of
Asphalt Pie to give to the boys. It was so funny! Drake's eyes are so
very expressive! (Asphalt pie is mint ice cream with an Oreo crust and
whipped cream) After dinner we went to the first college volleyball game of the season. It was a busy and fun day! We sure love those sweet and energetic little fireballs!











No comments:
Post a Comment