So Zac's birthday was over two weeks ago. I feel bad that I haven't blogged about it until now but May is such a busy month with all the field trips and other school events. So I guess it's better late than never!
We celebrated at his Grandparents house about a week before his actual birthday. Grandma Susan got a humongous cake for him and even did trick candles. Of course, Lexi told him to "go ahead and blow out the candles, they're trick ones!" I think she was just excited to see what trick candles do. I for one don't think we'll ever try trick candles again....I am rather bothered by the amount of spit all over the cake from just blowing out regular candles, and the trick ones require blowing them out over and over and over again. Yuck! Susan had also put together a treasure hunt for the kids and gave them enough sugar to keep them hyper until Halloween!
And as usually happens Uncle Shay bought him the present he really wanted. I have a very hard time competing with Shay and his gifts. He says he just goes to the toy store and looks for something he would want and that's what he picks. So I guess my brother in law is more clued in to what 8 year old boys want than is his own mother!
And to prove my point, here is what we got him. New socks! I just figured that since he didn't own a single sock without holes that he would want new ones....but NO! Only kidding! I always have to mess with Zac a little bit so I kept telling him he was getting socks so of course that's what he opened up first. I may have to lay off the trick presents for awhile though because I think he is starting to get too used to it.
This is what we really got him, two Playstation games. He had asked for Lego Pirates of the Carribean and then Tyson picked out the Ratchet and Clank one. Both have been huge hits.
Lexi was a sweetheart and bought Zac a nerf football using money from her class store. She is always so thoughtful like that! He also got a new basketball from my parents and scriptures from Tyson's parents.
The Saturday after his birthday we had a birthday party for him. We picked a terrible day for it because I didn't realize there were soccer and baseball tournaments going on all day. So only three of his friends were able to come but we still had a good time. I think Zac didn't bowl quite what he was hoping for on this turn! I love his crazy facial expressions.
Poor Lexi was the only girl at the party. But she handled it fine anyway.
And here is the cake I made for him. I remember my mom making figure 8 racetracks for my brothers 8th birthdays so I decided to do it too. It was so easy to make and I thought it turned out pretty cute. Tyson called it the "suicide track" though. Racers on this track had better have good timing so they don't hit each other, like the motorcyclists at the circus who ride around in a steel ball together.
We had a fun time celebrating our Zachary. Hard to believe he is already 8 years old!
P.S. I swear the next post will not be entirely about Zac and yes I do love all my children equally!









No comments:
Post a Comment