When we asked the kids what they wanted to do this summer, Zac said he really wants to go to all the parks in town. So we decided to make a list and start working our way through each one. It turns out there are 14 parks here in town (if you count the bike track and the new walking path). This past weekend we went to the Skate Park and the Dino-Mine park.
The kids love the Skate Park and if there's no teenagers there spouting off bad language then I like it too. We got lucky this time and pretty much had the place to ourselves. We took scooters and Zac's ripstick and had a good time. It was a little chilly but we were still able to play for about an hour.
Lexi doesn't love the skate park as much as the boys do but she still made her own kind of fun!
Zac got his ripstick from Uncle Shay for Christmas. At first he was pretty frustrated with it because they are extremely difficult to balance on. But he has gotten so good at it! It's really fun to watch him. Doesn't he just look like a professional?!!
Just for the record, Drake dresses himself! I really hate those camouflage pants but he loves them and thinks that they match his jacket. I don't agree, but I just deal with it.
Garrett wasn't feeling too good so didn't play as much as he usually does. But he has recently acquired the skill of going down the fire pole and wanted to show us.
One thing I love about my Tyson is that he still plays like a kid. He had to see if he could climb up this cable. And he looked pretty darn good doing it too, if I do say so myself!
So of course I had to try it too. It's a lot harder than it looks and I didn't make it clear to the top, but I gave it a good effort!
Two parks down only 12 more to go!






No comments:
Post a Comment