Today we went to the annual Foster Care Fun Run activity here in town. It was our first time attending this event. We had a good time!
Did I say it was a fun run? Well.....our family doesn't like to run for fun, so we just walked. It was only about a mile walk from the library to the park. I spent half the time trying to explain the concept of walking somewhere instead of just parking at our final destination. The other half of the time was spent talking about what a "fundraiser" is and why did I know the name of that cop (come on, it's a small town...after 4 years you pretty much know everyone!)
At the park there were a few games, crafts and bouncers set up for the kids to play on. We hit the fish pond first and got A LOT of toys that have been deemed "outside only toys" due to their annoyingly loud noises!
Drake and Garrett were both loving the inflatable slide. There weren't very many kids there so they got to have as many turns as they wanted. They went over, and over, and over again! They just couldn't get enough!
The face painting booth was exceptional! They've never had such elaborate face painting done before. My little Lexi is getting too pretty! I'm really considering locking her up for about a dozen years!
I made the kids pose for a picture before we could have our hotdogs and
hamburgers. For some reason I didn't want my little tigers to have
ketchup on their faces for the pictures, it might look suspiciously like
blood!
There were some other crafts as well. Zac and Lexi did these cool sand pictures but Drake and Garrett were too focused on the big slide. All the kids made themselves a necklace like you see in the pictures. They are colored sand inside a rubber tube that connects together.
We really enjoyed the lunch with A & W rootbeer.....
And of course the Coldstone icecream!
It was a fun way to spend our Saturday morning!









No comments:
Post a Comment