header picture

header picture

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Chuck E Cheese and more!

We have unintentionally developed a family tradition. Apparently we like to go to Chuck E Cheese to celebrate the end of the school year. We have done it for at least the past 3 years and maybe even 4 without realizing that it was becoming a tradition! So yesterday we went to Orem to have some play time! My sister, Heide, and her family, had our name for Christmas and they gave us gift cards. So we finally were able to go use them. The kids had a blast and even Tyson and I got in on the action. Zac loved the racing games the most, Garrett and Lexi were loving the Skeeball. And Drake loved the water squirting game, probably because its the easiest way to get lots of tickets.





Is there something wrong with me if I saw this picture and immediately thought of Angry Birds?  "You'd better let my babies out of that cage or I'll get my giant slingshot and blow up everything!  .....And I'll probably become addicted and want to do it over and over and over again! (and buy the t-shirt)"
Pay no mind to the bags under Tyson and I's eyes. The neighborhood dogs decided to have a turf war all night the night before and between dogs barking and Tyson yelling obscenities out the window, we didn't get much sleep. Okay, so Ty didn't really yell obscene words but he wasn't very happy!
After Chuck E Cheese we went to Golden Corral for an early dinner and ate way too much.  The kids especially indulged in an abundance of sugar!  So we stopped at the new Spanish Fork park and let them burn off some energy.  It is a really cool park with a fun obstacle/ropes course.  It also has a splash park but we didn't have our swimming suits.  Next time though.....


These chairs are crazy! You sit on them and they start spinning without you doing anything and they get going really fast!  Talk about an easy way to get dizzy enough to puke!  Tyson can't stand them but I think they're kind of fun and apparently Garrett did too.
The kids got to pick a toy out of the treasure box at Golden Corral and these are the treasures Drake and Garrett got.  I thought they looked so stinkin' cute. 
It was a fabulous day and a great way to celebrate the end of school and to reward the kids for fantastic report cards.  Also, Zac and Lexi both got Perfect Attendance this school year.  And as a bonus, they were both assigned to the teachers that we were hoping for.  Lexi got Mrs. Gagon and Zac got Mrs. Ludington.  I don't know yet who Drake and Garrett will have, but I'm hoping for Mrs. Spillman or Mrs. Mathews.  Now on to a fun filled summer.....as soon as this dang diddly wind stops blowing!

1 comment:

dedesmith32 said...

I can't believe you were in Orem and you didn't say hi. :) Oh well, I'll forgive you!