header picture

header picture

Monday, March 1, 2010

Farewell My Absurdly Talented Friends


The past few weeks I've spent a lot of time watching the Olympics. Watching the Olympics is something I learned as a child. Just like how most kids learn to brush your teeth, say please and thank you, get your homework done on time etc. My Mom is obsessive during the Olympics. She DVR'd (is that a word?) 70 hours of it! I'm sure she will probably watch parts of it multiple times. But, back in the day, before DVR's and Tivo we could just count on being momless for a couple of weeks. I remember when I was a kid our TV died, or rather, literally started smoking just a day or two before the Olympics. We only had one TV and my mom was devastated. I'm sure she probably cried but I can't remember that part. Anyway, my dad went right out and bought her a new TV even though money was tight and he had to travel 4 hours round trip to do it. That's one of the early moments in my life when I knew what true love was like!

So I'd like to say thanks to Apolo, Evan, Julia, Lindsey, Shaun, Bode, Rachel & Marai and, of course, the entire US hockey team. Well done! Sorry Nordic guys I'm just not that into you. Can't wait for London in 2012! (Only 879 days to go!)

2 comments:

Joe and Liz said...

That story about your parents is hilarious! True fans!! I'm sad it's over too! :)

Anonymous said...

I love that you talk about them like they are your best friends because I feel the same. After watching and keeping track of them for two weeks, I feel like we are best buds. I love your new picture at the top of your blog...and it could very well not be new and I wouldn't even know because it has been so long since I have blogged.