header picture

header picture

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Mediation

Tyson and I have an ongoing dilemma. One of us prefers to wake up to the radio. One of us prefers to wake up to NPR. So I'm putting up a blog poll. What do you think? Would you rather wake up to a popular song or a discussion about chicken gonads (I didn't make that up...that was the real topic on NPR this morning!) or to "the beep." We need all of you to help. If we can't solve our marital strife through a blog poll how else will we solve it?

Don't forget to vote in the poll at the top of my sidebar.

8 comments:

Tyson said...

You took that one little gonad discussion and have blown them and this disagreement way out of proportion! The radio is by me so I decide. I'd put it by you, but pushing snooze for an hour every morning isn't an option now is it? :) ha ha ha. Funny girl chicken gonads are for NPR listeners like me :) No lady Gaga, we want chicken gonads!..............Oh wait let me explain what I mean. I don't personally won't chicken gonads, I'd prefer to just hear about them....well not that either. I just want to hear NPR. Nuff said.

Heather Hoyt said...

I have to say that I love this topic. I would rather NPR because I can't stand most music. You can learn a lot on NPR that you could never learn anywhere else. Look at the bright side you learn weird things without effort.

Dillon

Amy Coontz said...

I wake up to my phone, and choose the song I want to hear. Jim does the same thing. (we don't get up at the same time)

Sarah (and a few others) said...

Really, I'd rather just not wake up :)

But NPR? No way. It would just put me back to sleep.

Lauren Webster said...

The beep, all the way, baby! It's nice and annoying, just perfect for waking me up. But Dustin uses his cell phone alarm, we get up at different times, too!

Brianne said...

NPR for sure. If you wake up to a song that song is stuck in your head ALL DAY! And if it's a horrible song, you have a horrible song in your head all day, not fun. Chicken gonads aren't on NPR every morning either. Stick with the news.

Unknown said...

I say NPR or the beep. Or songs. Or like Sarah said, just not wake up at all! Actually, the clock is on my side (partially 'cause I dislike someone turning the snooze button off 18 times all morning! grrr! But even then it still doesn't eliminate the sleepless morning hour I get from the time it goes off the first time until *someone* decides to get up. ;o)) But, we just listen to the boring beep. But I do enjoy me some NPR. Wouldn't that be nice to have Carl Castle's voice on our alarm clock and not just our answering machine?? Just sayin'...

(I have a feeling I'm in trouble for my honest answer ;o) Sorry Amber!)

Amber Chappell said...

Thanks for all the votes but the dilemma was not solved to my satisfaction! We had 6 votes for Tyson (NPR: Chicken gonads), 6 votes for me (Music), and 2 votes for the beep (seriously, I'd be in a bad mood all day if I woke up to that!) The problem was that I voted on both our laptop and desktop so Tyson said that was cheating. I guess we'll continue to listen to NPR. Dang.