header picture

header picture

Saturday, March 13, 2010

A Sad Day


Jasper Darth Vader Chappell left this world on March 12, 2010. He was born in Lehi, Utah on March 21, 2009 to Asia and Cocoa. He always thought he was big and tough but he met his match when he challenged the UPS truck. He loved to run fast, jump high, chew on everything, steal our mittens and sidewalk chalk, and pee in the neighbors flower beds. We will miss his curly tail and wrinkly forehead, his energy and personality. We will miss feeding him doggy treats and secretly feeding him the dinner we didn't want to eat ourselves. We will miss taking him with us on our bike rides and playing fetch. We will miss cuddling with him while we watch movies. We will miss having him sleep in our bathroom on cold winter nights. But most of all we will miss seeing him every day sitting on top of his dog house like Snoopy, begging us to take him with us in the car, or watching us go to the bus stop.

Though we only had him for a short period of time we are grateful for the times we did share. Thanks for all the wonderful memories Jasper.

11 comments:

Moores said...

I am so sorry! How sad!!

S.C. said...

Dear Family,
We too, were sorry you lost you good friend Jasper. He was a fun, beautiful dog. When he came to visit, he never caused trouble. He brought you all so much joy and love. Even though another doggy will take his place some day, there will never be a dog like Jasper.
Love, Mom and Dad Chappell

Amy Coontz said...

I am so sad! I loved your dog and I never met him. He was by far the cutest dog I have ever seen! So sorry for you guys!

The Combs said...

So sorry Amber! We lost our dog of 17 years about 3 weeks ago! It is sad to loose a pet! Hope the kids are ok! And you!

Anonymous said...

Oh that is a bummer! my big question in all sincerity though is will you ever get a dog again???

Julie said...

Sorry to hear about your dog. Such a tragic way to go. Poor UPS driver, too.

Unknown said...

OH NO! I'm so sorry to read this! I hope you are all doing well through the grieving process. If you need any thoughts or ideas for the kids to help them cope let me know. Poor little pup! He sure was a cute! So sorry that his life was ended prematurely. :(

Amber Chappell said...

Thanks everyone for your comments. It has been a difficult few days. The kids seem to be doing okay, except Lexi is having quite a hard time. (Emily, email me or call with some coping strategies if you could. I should have gotten a degree like yours!) I have been having trouble sleeping too. I may become addicted to Tylenol PM after this experience!

Annie, sorry to hear about your dog too. I remember her, Rosie right?

As for getting another dog I am completely torn. We love dogs but I'd hate to go through this again. My parents even offered to give us one of their purebred golden retrievers. Next time we'd definitely never let him/her out without a leash. We need a dog like our neighbors dog, Red. He can sleep right in the middle of the road and not get hit.

Richelle said...

So very sad. If I was way closer I'd bring you dinner.

Joe and Liz said...

Sorry Amber...that's really sad. I hope you guys get through it...especially the kids. Sending hugs your way!

Amanda said...

that is so sad, I am so sorry. I hope your kids are taking it ok.