header picture

header picture

Friday, March 19, 2010

Zac's Room

We have lived in our house for a whole year now. I've been intending to paint Zac's room for that entire time period. The only problem was that Zac wouldn't stop writing on the walls. I told him I wouldn't paint until he stopped. At a parent teacher conference awhile back his teacher said he had really learned the concept of tally marks. I said, "yeah I know, they're all over his wall." She thought that was very funny. She told me she "really enjoys Zac in her classroom.....sometimes." She was, I think, mostly teasing.

Anyway, I finally started in on Zac's room and here are the final results. I didn't have a very good before picture though.





I saw some personalized light switch covers on Ebay and was tempted to buy them, but then I found a tutorial online to make them myself. So I used wrapping paper and Mod Podge and made this cover and 4 outlet covers. I had all the supplies already so it cost me nothing for the same thing they wanted over $20 for on Ebay.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I can't believe you guys have lived there for a year. is that really possible? I love all the great things you guys have done to your house. love the paint and the light switch covers, great job.

Amy Coontz said...

Maybe you could paint a spot with chalk board paint, then he could write on the wall without getting in trouble!

Lauren Webster said...

Looks, great, I love the stripe!