header picture

header picture

Monday, February 1, 2010

Project 365: Week 4

Jan 22, 2010
Every other Friday I go volunteer in Zac's class for the morning. He is in Miss Tawna's class and is loving it. He is something of a class clown (surprised?) but still gets his work done and is one of the top in his class.


Jan 23, 2010 -- Lexi started basketball this week. She is really enjoying it. She's pretty timid at this point but I'm sure she'll get more confident soon.


Jan. 24, 2010 -- Sunday's can be a little boring around here but the kids seem to be able to find fun things to do. They found dad's old office chair that's waiting for its trip to the dump, and spun each other for an hour!


Jan. 25, 2010 -- Both Zac and Lexi love to read. They each earned the chance to go bowling today with other kids in their class by turning in reading calendars for the past two months.

Jan. 26, 2010 -- I made Chicken Parmesan for the first time ever today. I love to order this at Olive Garden but Tyson refuses to take me to Olive Garden (Why pay for pasta that my wife could make better anyway?). So I found this recipe online and it was easy and terrific! No more cravings for Olive Garden for me!


Jan 27, 2010 -- On Wednesday's I babysit my friend Lauren's kids while she volunteers at the school (she watches my kids when I'm volunteering). Sam is a little older than Drake and Garrett and my boys fight over who's best friend he is. Other than that they get along pretty well. They had a good time with Zac's train set.


Jan. 28, 2010 -- This week I've spent plenty of time reading a new book series. They are The Thief (a Newberry Honor book), The Queen of Attolia and The King of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner. I really, really, really, liked them! They are very cleverly written. I was 3/4's of the way through the first book and thinking it was pretty interesting but not much was really happening. Then there was a big twist and I realized stuff had been happening all along and I just didn't catch it!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

thanks for the book recommendations. I have been looking for something to read, I will have to check them out. I love the picture of Zac. It's the perfect one to illistrate the class clown description. Ü

Lauren Webster said...

Cute pic of the boys, you should e-mail me that one! And teh chicken looks yummy. Maybe those books should be next on my list- I'm reading Dustin's cow book right now.

Sarah (and a few others) said...

I don't know- it looks like Alexis is reading Harry Potter upside down- maybe Luna's left a message....

Richelle said...

32 of 365. What a great project and fun to see what you are up to.

Heather Hoyt said...

Yeah so I pretty much love those three books. The Thief is my favorite, but there were the fist books that I read in over 4 years. My wife owns all of them, and they are recommended to everyone!

love your bro