header picture

header picture

Sunday, February 21, 2010

My Parents Visit

My parents decided to use the long President's Day weekend to visit their favorite children. Since there are 8 of us they chose their favorite three and spent some time with each of us. I must be the most favorite though because they came to my house first. Okay, okay....so maybe it has nothing to do with favorites at all, but I like to assume that I am the favorite. If I'm not the favorite I certainly should be based entirely on the fact that I'm the only one who will rub my poor dad's feet. Anyway, here are a few pictures of our time together.

It just so happened that the day they arrived was the scheduled day for our family book club, so we made them participate. We had finished reading the book Ella Enchanted, which I thought was very cute. My kids loved it too. We asked questions related to the book, talked about the author and played Simon Says (the book is about obedience). The next night we let the kids watch the movie. By the way, the movie is NOTHING like the book, but it was cute too.


We also enjoyed a wedding cake we made for Ella and Char and Ogre tongues (AKA fruit roll-ups) Zac's idea of course.


Here's a picture of all of us minus our wonderful photographer.


My dad discovered a toy the twins got for Christmas and he literally played with it the entire evening. I guess we know what to get him for his upcoming 60th birthday!


My mom had requested that we plan something to do that she hadn't experienced before. I think she may have meant some exciting excursion around our thriving metropolis, but Tyson had an even better idea. So the next morning we went to the college and Tyson gave us an in-depth demonstration of his cadaver. Even the kids were there and saw it all. I was impressed by their response. Only Drake was a little concerned after seeing the dissected face with it's skull cap removed. After seeing the cadaver, and I do mean right after, we took them out to lunch at Big Moe's. Luckily, the service was so slow that by the time we got our food no one was thinking about the cadaver anymore. I think this was definitely an experience that will not soon be forgotten. Maybe though, my mom will not ask us to plan something to do next time.

2 comments:

Julie said...

I want to see a cadaver. Really!

I am always getting some great ideas from your blog. I want to implement family book club. What a great idea!

Sarah (and a few others) said...

I am so impressed with all you so with your family!! book club! what a great idea!