header picture

header picture

Friday, October 9, 2009

Seriously....men are from Mars

Yesterday I had to run to the store for just a few minutes. I wasn't gone long but apparently it was long enough. My conviction that this household would not continue to function well without me was affirmed during that time. This is the conversation I had with Tyson when I got home.

Tyson: Garrett had a major episode of diarrhea while you were gone.

Me: Did you clean him up?

Tyson: Yes...but his clothes are up on the roof.

Me: Did you just say his clothes are on the roof?

Tyson: Well, I didn't want them in the house.

Me: You didn't consider rinsing them out and putting them in the washer?

Tyson: I didn't know what to do okay! I did give him a bath though. That was good right?

Me: Yup.

Tyson: There's still poop on the stairs. Just so you know.




I've never laughed so hard over an episode of diarrhea in...well..probably my whole life!

Just an after thought: I probably should have mentioned in this post that the roof of the carport comes right down to the railing of our back deck so the roof is easily accessible from the deck. He just set the clothes on there. He didn't fling them up or anything. I'd hate for everyone to think that my honey was a weirdo or something!

11 comments:

Emily said...

That is hilarious!

Bonus points for bathing the kid instead of spraying him off with the hose.

GOod Times!

Twin Boys?!? HOw would it be?!?

Lorene Briscoe said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amber Chappell said...

The clothes were on the roof of our carport which comes down almost to the top of our deck. So standing on the deck you could just place the clothes on the roof. He didn't fling them up there or anything...though I wouldn't have put it past him.

Unknown said...

That made me laugh out loud. Steve and Tyson were meant to be bosom (sp?) buddies! It seems like something Steve might do, although he never has. ;o) Maybe because he is used to cloth diapers...he just leaves those for me on the diaper pail or in the bathroom.

I often wonder if my household would function without me, too. Even though my house is a mess I often wonder what it would be like if I wasn't around cleaning up what I do clean up!

Joe and Liz said...

Ok...that is just so hilarious. I've never heard of anyone putting clothes on the roof!!!!

Amanda said...

love it

Sarah (and a few others) said...

On the ROOF?! oh, yes. really that makes sense. Only that's usually where I want to put my husband after episodes like that...

Jenny said...

He was just airing them out, right? Lol!

Anonymous said...

How funny!!! I remember when Whitley was a 2 year old and I was pregnant with Libby, she threw up while I was making a late night trip to Wal mart. I got home and she was up sitting in Bryans arms...I was like what is going on? He said oh she threw up so we are just hanging out!!! What??? Did you clean it up? Well I cleaned her up! Bry can't clean up barf for his life, so he got me a heavy duty mask and I cleaned up the mess...what would they do without us???

Unknown said...

Amber, I absolutely, positively adore your blog posts. You need to turn all your posts into a book. Your stories are hilarious! We miss you in the Memphis area.

Lauren Webster said...

(Hysterical laughter). Sounds like something only a guy would think to do!