header picture

header picture

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Mom's Night Out

Last night I hosted Mom's Night Out for my Mom & Me playgroup friends. I decided to go with a theme party this time since usually we just sit around and talk and I wanted to change things up a bit. So since it's October and October means Halloween and Halloween means Vampires and Vampires of course mean Twilight we had a Twilight party. (I created a mathematical equation out of that last sentence: October=Halloween=Vampires=Twilight=Lots of FUN!) Each of the ladies brought a "bite-sized" snack to share and we played the Twilight Movie Trivia game. I'm pretty sure that game was written with 18 year olds in mind and also they were trying to get it to market a little too fast. It had almost as many typos as the books did which made for some good laughs! We found out that the game takes a really long time especially if you have to laugh and talk for 10 minutes between each person's turn. We played until 12:30 in the morning. But in the end we did have a winner. Oddly enough though it was Jeri, who was the only one who hasn't even seen the movie. I'm not sure how that happened! Anyway, we had a good time.

From left to right we have Lauren, Sara, Jeri, Melody and Me.

6 comments:

Brianne said...

Fun. I want to go to Mom's Night Out!

McKette said...

I really wanted to come, but the Deer Hunt started today so we had to get things ready to go. Sorry I couldn't make it.

Amanda said...

looks like a great time! I wish I would have been able to make it. I really need to get better at inconveniencing people by having them watch my kids. Being a grown up is lame sometimes. I have played that game before, and I think you were being a little nice with 18. I was thinking 12!!

Moores said...

I wish I could have made it, it looks like it was a ton of fun!

Jerolyn and Matt said...

It was so much fun! Thanks for hosting it! I still can't believe I won! Beginner's luck is what I call it! Fun times!

Julie said...

I'm sad I missed out, too! You guys look like you had a fun time. I'm jealous I missed out on all the laughs. I'll make it to the next 'MNO'. I need to host because I have a fun idea. I like that you planned it around a theme or idea. Good thinking!