header picture

header picture

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Our Photo Gallery

Since Tyson loves photography and we tend to have a lot of really awesome pictures we (meaning me, of course) came up with a fabulous idea to have an Art Gallery in our house so we could put up some of our favorite pictures. Every artist should have a way to showcase their talent. Anyway, we have a room at the top of the stairs right when you come into the house that is technically supposed to be a formal dining room I suppose. Since formal dining with 4 young children would be a sight to behold we decided we didn't need a formal dining room. So it became our piano room and now a Photo Gallery. We finally got the pictures in frames and hung on the walls. I think it looks awesome! We plan to change the pictures fairly often so drop by and see them anytime...well...call first so I can clean up and put pants on my children! Oh, and admission is always free, though I might set a donation jar in the windowsill. I may need to take up a collection for the new camera that Tyson is eyeing, and that I know will take a sizeable chunk of dough out of our bank account at some point in the near future!


Just a side note. These pictures were taken in several different states, Florida, Tennessee, Idaho, Washington D.C.(techinically this one is photoshopped to include some images from California too), and Utah.





This picture that you can see to the left of the lamp wouldn't fit in our photo gallery so it ended up in the living room instead. It's actually my favorite one of a really old gas station/garage in a small Utah town.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

The room looks amazing. I love before and after pictures.

Sarah (and a few others) said...

what a great idea! Tyson definitely needs a place to showcase, er show-off his talent!

dedesmith32 said...

So awesome!

Unknown said...

Oh, what a wonderful idea! And it looks just ever so lovely! I wish I could come see it in person. :o) We need to get some pics up on our walls! We haven't really even put anything up since moving in here. But we do have a family pic that Tyson took of us, framed & sitting on a table in the living room! :o)

Emily said...

Oh wow! That looks fabulous!

How fun to have a room like that.

Very nice, indeed!