1) I spent all last weekend reading The Hunger Games and it's sequel Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins. (This will actually be a trilogy so if you think you can't wait for a third book to come out sometime in the future don't start reading it yet!) I couldn't put them down. Just ask Tyson. He actually said to me "Are you almost done yet so you can stop being a bad mom?" He was partially kidding, but not really.

2) Here's a funny blog that I've enjoyed reading. It's called Normal Mormon Husbands and is pretty funny. Unfortunately, he just posted that he will no longer be adding new posts. Still there are lots of articles to read on there in the archives. I always get a good laugh from reading them. If you're having a down day just go on there and read for a bit and it will lighten your mood. I can't get it to link for some reason but here is the web address.
mormonhusbands.blogspot.com
3) This one you will wish that I was giving out free samples of. I bought a cleaner from a door to door salesman. Something I've never done before but haven't regretted. When we bought this house it had been sadly neglected and there were some serious cleaning issues I haven't been able to clear up...such as the years of hard water left on the shower doors and walls. But this cleaner cleaned everything off and made things look like new. It's a bit expensive but should go a long way. One bottle is supposed to last for a year because you dilute it with water in a spray bottle. You can use it on practically any surface. It even cleans oil off the driveway but is totally organic and non-toxic (just in case the kids try to drink it!)

4) I don't watch a lot of T.V. but Tyson introduced me to Fringe (and then decided he didn't want to keep watching it with me. Stinker!) It's a crime show/high tech science/X-Files (only not as cheesy) kind of show. I've enjoyed it a lot.
5) Next we have my latest favorite band, Paramore. I used to have a link to video of it but not anymore. But trust me, they're awesome!
6) I love to read my Time magazine. I read it cover to cover almost every week (I skip most stuff that starts out with Ben Bernanke's name though because I know I'll get too bored!) Anyway, my favorite columnist is Joel Stein who writes The Awesome Column. I think he's funny.
7) Last but not least I want to share my favorite recipe. Well...it's my favorite today since I just had it for lunch.
CLAM CHOWDER
2 Cans (6 & 1/2 oz size) minced clams
1 cup onions
2 cups diced potatoes
3/4 cup butter or margarine
3/4 cup flour
1 quart Half & Half
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup chopped celery
pepper
Drain juice from clams. Pour over chopped vegetables in a pot, add water til veggies are just covered and simmer until potatoes are cooked. In mean time, melt butter, add flour and stir together, add Half & Half (this part burns easily so have everything measured out beforehand), cook and stir until thick. Add undrained vegetables and clams and thicken again. Season with salt and pepper to taste. I also add a can of corn at the end. If you don't like clams just leave them out and it still makes a good potato soup or corn chowder.
7 comments:
You are full of fun bright ideas. I just heard about the book Hunger Games by a woman in her 50's who Loved it. She sounded like she would be making money if I were to read it; that good. Now that I have a visual I'll have to see if I can find it.
I have decoded your blog and found you to be a stephenie meyer fan. That is so funny about that cleaner and Tyler is going to be mad because one of those guys came by my house and he wanted to buy some, but i wouldn't let him. He was sold but I was sure it wouldn't work as well as they claimed. (what a cynic, eh?) I guess next time they come I will have to listen to them. Great post.
I am pretty sure I need to get some of that cleaner!!! I have some stains on my brand new cupboards that I would like to try it on!!!
nice smattering of favorites. I like the glimpse into your life.
The band was good- I'll have to check them out.
Well, shoot! I was waiting for you to award me with a few of your favorite things. ;o) Looks like you are having fun!
love that advantage cleaner! =)
I loved reading The Hunger Games. I'm waiting to get Catching Fire from the library. Darn our library!!
I'm glad your cleaning product works so you can keep up your image. :) We turned the salesman away, but mostly because they ignore my 'no soliciting' sign near my door.
Thanks for sharing the Time link. That author IS funny!
Post a Comment