header picture

header picture

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Brittany & Brad


I guess June really is the month for weddings. On Saturday we went to my cousin Brittany's wedding reception. Brittany looked absolutely gorgeous and Brad looked handsome too. Tyson did the photography for them. They got married in the Salt Lake Temple and then had their reception at my Uncle Jon's house. I say "house" but 5 star resort might be a better description! We got there two hours early so Tyson could do the couple shots before the reception and all my relatives were in the pool. Oh, did I mention I've got over a hundred cousins (yes...first cousins! My mom is the oldest of 14 kids!) I hadn't thought to bring swimming suits so my poor kids were standing at the edge of the pool with looks of longing in their eyes. We're going to have to be more prepared next time. It's just not everyday that you start a wedding reception with a pool party and pizza.


This is my all time favorite picture of my Grandpa Burke. He has this incredible talent of always finding some place to "lay down and think about it."



Uncle Jon's pool -- minus the 100+ cousins who finally got out to go get ready for the reception.


They also had this fantastic kid table with glass jars full of candy. I couldn't keep my kids away!


2 comments:

Sarah (and a few others) said...

I love Tyson's photography. He's got talent! and yes, I'm thinking more resort thatn house from the pictures- what a cool pool! your poor kids without swimsuits!

Amanda said...

That pool is amazing. I want one. Tyson does such a great job I bet they were so happy with the photos. (Or will be anyway.)