Tyson is such a romantic...okay not really. He planned a not so romantic getaway for us. It was a themed date with the theme being Death. See...not very romantic. We left the kids with Tyson's parents yesterday afternoon and then we drove to the Salt Lake City area. (thanks for babysitting!!!) First we went to the Temple to do a little work for the dead. I'm not even really sure which temple it was. First we tried to go to the Mount Timpanogas one but it was closed for cleaning. So we went to the first one we saw off the freeway. Maybe the one in South Jordan? Or is it West Jordan or Jordan River? I don't know, but the point is that we went. Then we met Tyson's brother Shay at Crown Burger and had a burger and fries "that were to die for!" We really love that place. We used to go there tons when we were dating. Then we went to the movie Angels and Demons which is about a dead pope and the assassinations of several cardinals. It was good. Really fast paced but good. After that we went back to Shay's house to spend the night. Tyson and Shay like to get into really heated debates about their differing political views and sometimes I think it might end in the death of one or the other but fortunately not this time.
Then this morning we drove to the U of U and shopped for a dead person. Yes...you read that right. It was a first for both of us. Tyson is trying to build up his Anatomy program here at the college and he talked them into letting him buy a cadaver. They've always just dissected cats in their labs but starting next fall they will have a real human being. I thought I would be pretty grossed out being in the morgue but it wasn't that bad. Kind of like being on an episode of CSI though. The weirdest part was watching my husband squeeze the dead, frozen legs of old men to see how much muscle tone they had. He was very matter of fact about it. He had about 50 people to choose from and he kept going back and forth to different ones and trying to decide between them. Kind of like how I shop for a head of lettuce at the grocery store. Weird.
Then we spent the next two hours driving with a dead guy in a body bag in the back of our van. I just kept hoping we wouldn't get pulled over because really how do you explain that! We spent time talking about the book Stiff that Tyson is reading which is all about the history of cadavers. Then Tyson came up with a fabulous idea that we should listen to songs that all had something to do with death so he made up a playlist on his Ipod which he then plugged into the car stereo and we listened to death themed music from bands I'd never heard of like Suicide Commando, Prometheus Burning, Retrosic, and my personal favorite Kidney Thieves. Should I be concerned that my husband had 71 songs about death on his Ipod? I have to say I was a really good sport during this last 24 hours and it was certainly a date I shall not soon forget.
Oh....sorry no pictures for this post. But would you really have wanted to see any pictures of this anyway?
11 comments:
That is one creepy date Amber and one of the strangest dates I've ever heard!! That's hilarious!! At least you got out of the house though, right??!
I am laughing so hard!! That is so funnY!!!
That is one of the funniest dates I have ever heard! I am so glad you didn't get pulled over also. And I LOVE your new addition--really cute!
Okay that was pretty funny...I missed a paragraph when I scrolled down and then I was reading and then we were driving with a dead guy in the car and thought...hmmm I missed something...that was so funny!!! Pretty cool that CEU is moving up in the world...way to go! By the way your puppy is adorable...and I am not a dog lover...but that little face is pretty lovable.
HAA HAA HAA HEEE HEE HEE EHEEEEEEE!!!! THat's all!
Did you store the body in your freezer when you got home?
I can just picture Tyson walking from body to body, with his hand on his chin, trying to decide between dead guy #5 and dead guy #36, "#5 has really good muscle definition, but #36 has a huge brain." Like he is shopping for a camera or something.
No we didn't store the body in our freezer. I'm not that good of a sport! He went straight to his fancy steel table that the welding department made for him last semester. Tyson had to call another professor to help him carry him up the stairs. He actually said, "Hey Jon, I have this dead body in my car and I need help moving it to a more secure location......." I never thought my life would turn out quite this way.
OMG that is great! I love it Amber. Good job Tyson! hahaha
That is by far the weirdest thing I have ever heard! Ya'll are crazy! LOL
Too funny!
Post a Comment