
Last Friday my brother Dillon got married. It seems like he just barely got home from his mission and now he's married and it's crazy! But Heather seems to be really good for him (she won't let him go hunting on Sunday I'm sure. He needs a girl like that!) It was really awesome to have our whole family at the wedding...well except Jason who is on a mission in Mexico. Dillon and Heather got married in the Mount Timpanogas temple and it was fun to fill up an entire row with all 5 married siblings and their spouses and of course my parents and lots of Aunts/Uncles/Cousins etc. My poor sister Sara had to hang out on the temple lawn babysitting all 15 of our kids so they could be in the pictures after the ceremony. She did great though! After the wedding they had a great lunch and then we all went to my sister Anna's to hang out for awhile. After that we had the opportunity of going to the open house of the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. My kids really seemed to enjoy it. Garrett is pretty sure he got married in the temple while we were there! I had the unfortunate experience of having to visit the first aid station though. Long story...but in short I had a clutzy moment where I twisted my ankle, fell on my butt, dropped Drake, and ripped off my toenail. Then everyone was saying "Don't bleed on the white carpet" and "Wow, that's awesome you didn't even swear in the temple." I managed to get a golf cart ride back to our car though so I guess you could say there are positive things that happen even in the truly humiliating moments of our lives. The nurse that bandaged up my toe actually wrote me out a prescription that said "Must be reclined with feet up, meals in bed, for one week. Hawaii vacation if possible." I'm still waiting for my breakfast in bed! I'd settle for Cheerios at this point.


This is a picture of all my siblings (and Mom and Dad) except for my brother Jason. Tyson will have to photoshop him in later. It's pretty hard to get all of us together. Especially since my sister, Heide, lives in Florida. Back Row: Anna, James, Gerry J, Me. Front Row: Heide, Dad, Heather, Dillon, Mom, Sara
This is all of our family including the spouses and all the nieces and nephews.
2 comments:
Dillon told me these were on here and they are absolutely amazing--Tyson did an incredible job!!!
Thank you so much!
Sounds like you had a lot of fun! So sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience! At least you didn't throw up all over the temple...hehe. ;o) Just one more experience to add to a lifetime of memories! :o)
Post a Comment