header picture
Friday, February 20, 2009
What's your opinion?
This is the first of what I am sure will be many posts about our new house. One of us happens to think the blue carpet in the upstairs living room, dining room and hall is very hideous and needs to go. The other one thinks that the carpet is just fine and we should spend our money doing something else like putting in a new furnace and central air. The carpet is actually in pretty good shape and with a good cleaning would be fine. However, one of us (and I won't say who) thinks that blue carpet should stay in the 80's where it belongs -- just like leg warmers and the "claw" hair do. So I'm putting a poll on here to get your 2 cents. And yes, that is two toned carpet, not just a rug. Pretty stylish, huh?! DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Amber, let me be the first to express my opinion...As much as I don't like blue carpet...I would probably live with it and use the money for something else, then save up enough money to get the kind of flooring you want whether it be new carpet or laminate flooring or both. Congrats on the new house!!!! Good luck!!
Hmmm....I wonder which one of you is wanting to yank up that fabulous blue carpet? Just think, you could play like it's the ocean; no need to go to the beach for ya'll! Rip that stuff up girl, perhaps you'll freeze in the winter and sweat in the summer, but what's that compared to blue carpet? (Richard says to leave it; the 80's are coming back.)
I'd leave it and spend money on other things...but that's just me. we didn't end up doing anything nice to our house until we had to sell it though, so who am I to talk? But if it is in good condition then I'd leave it and spend the money on things that might need to be replaced sooner and then one day you can always change the carpet as needed. Hope I haven't made anyone mad with my opinion! ;o)
I have blue carpet...I love it! I'm sure would would enjoy heat in the winter and air conditioning in the summer a lot more than a different colored carpet. If the carpet is in good condition, stick with it for now!
Carpet is pretty cheap! That is my oppinion...go with something not too expensive (You will be a much happier person and will enjoy your house so much more...and then use the money you saved to buy the important stuff. I am a brat though and kind of agree with which ever one of you does not want the blue carpet....can't imagine who that is!
I will say that the blue carpet is pretty bad! But I am a big baby when it comes to being hot or cold! But I am also pregnant! So my vote will probably be different in a few minutes, ya know mood swings and all! I will tell you what my Mom always tells me (and I find it fairly irritating sometimes) "Pray about it!" Good Luck!
I loved Annie's comment about Praying about it. I always tell Tyson we should pray about stuff...his response would probably be "I don't think Heavenly Father cares at all whether you have blue carpet or not."
The carpet is bad, but if I were you I would update the kitchen first! If you are anything like me the majority of your time is in the kitchen not the upstairs living room, if it's clean it can wait a while.
Well, it all depends on what you can afford to spend. Go to the store for a date and price things out. Remnent carpet is often times at a bargan & often will fit your space. The carpet was the first thing to go in my home but it was also 40 year old wool green shag in great condition but UGLY. I hated my pink master bath with pink wall paper but now love it with chocolate brown walls. The experts say blue is a great background color (not for carpet in my opinion). Our heater was 40 years old when we had our carbon monoxide problem this winter. If nothing else make one room in your home beautiful & spend most of your time in it, for me thats my living room & sunroom with big windows letting in lots of sun. Good luck. I don't know that the house projects ever end.
Hi Amber! I just read all of the comments! So, what did you guys decide to do! I am so easy going...either way sounds good to me! :)
Post a Comment