header picture

header picture

Thursday, February 12, 2009

We're buying a house!

It's finally happening! After almost nine years of marriage Tyson and I are finally buying our first house! We went and looked at it last Saturday, fell in love, started picking out the light fixture for the front entry way, found the perfect lighting fixture, decided it was a sign and put in an offer on Monday. Okay, so I was the only one looking at lighting fixtures. I don't know why I have such a thing for lamps, but it is one of my quirks. I can't resist looking at an awesome lamp. One time Tyson and I went to Seth's Lighting store in Memphis for a date!



Anyway, they have accepted our offer and we hope to close sometime between mid-March and the end of March. We will probably rent here for one more month while we do some work on the house. I'm definitely getting rid of the blue wallpaper and matching blue carpet! I'll be having a wallpaper removal party sometime in the near future and everyone's invited!It's gonna be so fun! (remember how Tom Sawyer got the other kids to paint the fence by convincing them it was the most fun he'd ever had....well, this is nothing like that. Wink! Wink!)

This house has 6 bedrooms, three bathrooms, two family rooms, and is on almost 3/4 an acre (glad I have boys that will be big enough to mow lawns in a few years!) I really love the kitchen. The pictures don't really do it justice because they only show one side. The other side has tons of cabinets and a really long counter that will be awesome for food prep. It's also big enough we are thinking of putting in an island. The house is in a really great neighborhood with no traffic (which will be a nice change from the craziness that happens twice a day on this street when the high-schoolers are making a mad dash to get to school or to lunch.) The only problem is that I will have to switch Lexi to a new school next year. They told me she can finish first grade in her current class room as long as I drive her there and back everyday. I feel bad that she will have been in three different schools in the first three years of her education. But she's a flexible kid and I think will handle it fine, and she'll have new friends in no time. In fact, I heard that in the culdesac next to the one our new house is in there are 41 kids! Also, Tyson will be more than 500 steps to work and might actually have to drive his car. I hope he hasn't forgotten how!


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amber, I am so excited for you. It will be so nice to have a place of your own. I don't want to get to specific on where I think it is on your blog, but I am dying to know where it is! Is it by Tiffany Sorenson? How fun!!!

Unknown said...

Yay! Congrats! Start exercising your hand for all the signing of paperwork!! :)

Amber Chappell said...

I actually don't know where Tiffany lives for sure but yes it is the same part of town. We are sure excited!

Jenny said...

That is awesome!!!! Congrats!!! I nice big house and a huge yard, everyone dream!! I am jealous! I love Tysons picture disclaimer. I hope you will post before and after pictures of all your hard work!! It is always fun to see the changes!
Again, I am so excited for you!!! Happy renovating!

Jenny said...

P.S. Wallpaper peeling is the pits!!! We did it on 3 rooms in our house and I ended up pulling the Sheetrock off in some places! Good LUCK!!

Brianne said...

Congratulations on the house! I can't wait to see it next time I'm in town.

Richelle said...

Congrats! I have to say that it is so nice to be settled in a home that you can make your own. The only thing is somehow stuff seems to accumilate faster without any anticipation of moving again. Exciting!

Kayleen said...

Congratulations you two! I'm so excited for you. . . and I LOVE the little white fence around the property!

Moores said...

That looks like an awesome house! Congrats to you guys!

The Combs said...

Congrats! It is an amazing feeling to be in a house that is actually yours! And that you fit in!

Brittany said...

That is so exciting! I'm so happy you guys finally found the house you were looking for. That chandelier is beautiful. Hope to see you guys soon!

Joe and Liz said...

Yeah!!! I am so excited for you guys. I remember us talking about our dream of having a house someday and I'm so glad you guys are finally getting a house!! That will be so nice to have such a big space too...1/2 acre..wow!!