header picture

header picture

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Holes


In an effort to teach my kids that reading is totally awesome I read them the book Holes. It took us about a month. It was a cute book and the kids were begging me to read more every day. Then to celebrate finishing the book we had Hot Fudge Sundae's and watched the movie based on the book. By the way, there are references to Hot Fudge Sundae's in the book that's why we picked that particular treat. We were glad that Tyson's parents could be here with us for the party and to spend the night. Here are a few pictures we took last night.



Drake looking really sweet.



Garrett trying to decide how fun it would be to dump all the sprinkles. Mom -- totally oblivious. Luckily, I looked up just in time!



Zack really loved the book, after all it has a buried treasure! I'm thinking he also liked the Sundae.



Lexi looks like she's guarding her ice cream so that no one else will steal it!



And my favorite picture of all! My best attempt at getting a picture of all 4 kids holding up the book and the movie. Oh wait, Drake was not going to sit there for a picture so we were down to three kids. Then Garrett's attitude says it all "I WILL NOT LOOK AT THAT CAMERA NO MATTER WHAT!!!" That kid has some serious attitude!

2 comments:

Joe and Liz said...

cute idea! I can't believe how big your twins are getting!

Sarah (and a few others) said...

I really need to read that book. What a great idea to read it to your kids like that. And I love the picture of all four kids NOT eating their sundays. How did you manage THAT?