header picture

header picture

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving

We were able to go to my parents house this year for Thanksgiving. It's been a really long time! I'm so glad we live close enough we can visit family during the holidays now. Although, I felt really bad for my sister, Heide, in Florida who I know was very sad that we were all celebrating without her. Been there, done that - and it is so not fun. I decided to make Heide's sweet potato casserole recipe just so it would feel like she was there (and because it's really good!). Alexis was so excited because she was finally able "to see what turkey tastes like!" Tyson and I are not turkey fans so we always do a ham when we have Thanksgiving by ourselves.



The kids had tons of fun playing with their cousins. Zack is still young enough that he wasn't embarrassed to play dress up with the girls. It was really funny. These are actually the same dress up dresses we had when I was little. They were from two of my aunts weddings.



We also did a service project for my parents. In the November Ensign at the very back there is a page that talks about doing a service project for President Monson's birthday and then you send in a picture and next August they will be printing a bunch of them in the Friend magazine. So since my parents live in a really old house that only has a woodburning stove for heat we helped them split and stack some wood. Tyson did all the of the splitting, fortunately my dad has a woodsplitter. Zack and Lexi stacked the wood. I spent most of the time reading Twilight (I'm just now jumping on the band wagon) and then rushed out to take some pictures just before they finished!



It was really a fun weekend. Now on to Christmas!

2 comments:

Joe and Liz said...

Cute pictures! Glad you could be by your family this Thanksgiving. We ended up going to New York State and had a great time. But it was such a long drive, I'm not sure that we'll do that one again. It's almost 14 hours and we did that in 1 day on the way back. Everyone else was fine, but I came out so dizzy and ready to be HOME!
I read Twilight too that week...that's funny. So what did you think? I liked it, but didn't LOVE it like everybody else does!!! I don't know that I'll read the others...I thought it was way too long and went over the same things. Are you obsessed with Edward like everyone else!! :)

The Combs said...

I am so glad you are able to celebrate the Holidays with your family. It must have been hard all those years without them. Happy Thanksgiving!