header picture

header picture

Monday, December 15, 2008

Playing Catch up

I haven't been blogging so well lately. Things have gotten a wee bit crazy. There's the usual holiday stuff, a huge Enrichment activity to help put together, and all the Twilight books to read. Also, last Thursday Tyson had surgery on his shoulder so we were in the hospital all day. He's had an injury to his shoulder for several years now caused by some intense weight lifting during a particularly difficult time in his graduate studies. We just finally have insurance that is good enough to take care of it. The surgery went great and now I get the opportunity of seeing what it would be like to have a fifth child. No, really he has been very good about not asking too much of me. In fact, he mostly has just played video games and guzzled cherry coke all day and well into the night.

So during the last week I have been tagged twice so I'm going to do one today.
CHRISTMAS TAG:

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? wrapping paper
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial, if I actually had one. We have a table top tree this year and maybe next year we will have a big one like the rest of the world.
3. When do you put up the tree? If we were to put up a tree it would be at the first of December.
4. When do you take the tree down? N/A
5. Do you like eggnog? Eggs are disgusting and nog with it sounds bad too. Whatever nog is.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? My big wheels bike.
7. Hardest person to buy for? Tyson, he's sorta picky. He took back the Ipod I gave him for graduation, not once, but twice!
8. Easiest person to buy for? The Kids
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, a really nice big one which was given to me by my mother in law
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, but usually only manage to get it done every other year. So don't feel bad if you don't get one. No one's getting one this year!
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I think I must have blocked this out because I can't think of one.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? The Christmas Story. We watched it last night.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? In November, I hate shopping in December. I was all done this year by Dec. 1st.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No, just the bags
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Fudge, my sister Heide's recipe.
16. Lights on the tree? I like white best
17. Favorite Christmas song? The First Noel and O Holy Night
18. Travel or at home on Christmas? Travel during the holidays but home for Christmas Morning.
20.. Angel on the tree top or a star? star
21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning? PJ's Christmas eve.Christmas morning everything else
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? When they have Santa at church parties. Honestly, people. Christmas is about Jesus. Now you think I'm a Scrooge. Not at all, I just think there's a time and place for Santa and it's not at a religious gathering.
23. Favorite ornament? A crystal bell from Tyson's Grandma Murphy.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Ham
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? An exercise bike


5 comments:

Joe and Liz said...

I want your sister Heidi's recipe. I've never made a fudge recipe I absolutely love. Will you share it??
And no Santa at church parties...what!?!? That's the best part!!

The Combs said...

Thanks Amber! I have never been tagged before! I am excited now, but I will probably be cussing you when I sit down to do it! hehe

Unknown said...

I can't believe Tyson had surgery and we didn't even know! What terrible friends we are to you guys! I hope he recovered well. Sorry we didn't know and didn't send a card or visit at the hospital!

Anonymous said...

Amber that was a fun tag...That fudge sounds delect!able right at this moment to me! hope everything is well and that Tyson is recovering nicely

Brittany said...

Hi Amber, As you know James and I have you guys for Christmas. We were hoping to see you when you came down to Orderville for Christmas, but the timing just didn't work out. So I'm sorry that your presents are late, we will send them in the mail now. Hope you guys had a great Christmas.