header picture

header picture

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Trouble with Twins

Adorable huh?



I am constantly being told by everyone I know and tons of people I don't know that they always wished they could have twins. So I decided to make a list of some of the "creative" things my boys have done in just the past week. Might I also add though, this has been a very typical week, nothing out of the ordinary. Just like every week. I also wanted to defend myself and say that I really do watch my kids. I just can't be in two places at once and with four kids I'm spread pretty thin sometimes. I also wanted to dedicate this blog to all my twin mom friends (crazy how many of you there really are!), because you know exactly what I'm talking about!

1) Rubbed green playdough into the cream colored rug.

2) Drew all over themselves with an orange marker - washable of course because I would be a fool to have any other kind around here.

3) Pulled all the clothes off the hangers in their closet.

4) Took bananas and a loaf of bread to their bedroom to eat in bed while I was on the phone with a fellow twin mom, Kaylee.

5) Opened every Christmas present under the tree.

6) Ate half a bottle of Tums. Tyson called poison control. Apparently kids can eat a bunch of tums and not have to have their stomachs pumped. Good to know.

7) Pulled half a pan of brownies on the floor. Ate several, rubbed the rest on all the white doors and white trim. Rubbed some on their sheets, a dessert to go with the aforementioned lunch.

8) Pulled 2/3rds of the cans off the shelves in the pantry.

9) Pulled the spigot on the Brita water tank spilling two gallons of water on the hardwood floors (I hope my land lady doesn't read this!)

10) Dumped all of Lexi's art supplies .... again.

11) Screamed all during a one hour trip through Walmart. I would have just gone home but I would have had to face it sooner or later and it would have been the same old story. Best to just plow through it and just glare at all the others customers who are looking at you like you just beat up your kid.

12) Stuck multiple DVD's in the VCR.

13) Drake has three bite marks on his chest. Hmmmm......

14) Pulled down the blinds in their bedroom.

15) Played in the water fountain at church. Had to go home wet, in the cold.

16) Dumped half a gallon of milk.

17) Garrett climbed onto the top shelf of a side by side fridge. That's pretty high. The object of his desire was an egg, of course.

18) My couch cushions haven't been on the couch in days, and one of them is caked with yellow tums.

19) Drake likes to wake up Garrett. That happened a bazillion times. Apparently Drake wasn't tired and wanted a buddy to cause mischief with.

20) Tried to flush a whole bar of soap down the toilet. A whole bar of soap will not go all the way through the pipes. Part of the way, just not all the way.

ANYBODY STILL WANT A SET?!!!!

7 comments:

Brianne said...

LOL...Wow...I guess I shouldn't complain about Owen too much, there is only one of him. I think twins would be OK, as long as you didn't have two other kids older than them. Maybe I should stop at two kids...I wouldn't want to tempt fate and end up with twins too!

Amateur Steph said...

Hey, they sound awesome! I want a set just so I can call Poison Control every day.
I don't know how you do it Amber. It sounds crazy! You're a saint.

Jenny said...

AMEN! Amber you are funny!

Joe and Liz said...

Serious?? Wow, Amber, what a crazy life!! Twins are so cute though, but they don't sound too cute after reading that!! Good luck with the rest of your week!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my heck Amber. I think that three kids in three years is hard...but twins...I am really not sure what people are thinking when they totally WANT twins. I mean it is one thing if you are blessed with them, but you know what I mean...it sounds crazy to me! Hope you are doing good!

Erika said...

I will add another AMEN to the list! Life with multiples is anything but dull, and anything but clean!

Lily said...

OH MY GOSH! I am sorry, but I am laughing pretty hard right now. That sounds alot like what my 3 boys used to do on a weekly and sometimes daily basis Amber. Good job for handling it so well mom!