header picture

header picture

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Pumpkins!

I am so very happy that my kids are all old enough to do their own pumpkins! Maybe it makes me a terrible mom but it's something I really don't like doing. The smell, the sliminess, the achy hands and arms before you're finished. But I understand that kids think it's fun, and Lexi wants the seeds because she likes to season and bake them, so we do it anyway. We went to Walmart and spent some time picking the biggest pumpkins in the patch and then came home and set to work. A few weeks ago when Drake went shopping with me he asked me to buy a little pumpkin carving kit that had some tools and some patterns. He was the only one who tried a pattern and it took quite a long time, but it turned out really fantastic! I have a feeling all the other kids are going to want to try a pattern next year too!










No comments: