Last Saturday Drake and Garrett finished their Fall Soccer Season (Zac plays on the competitive team so his goes year round, except for in the summer.) They all had an amazing season! Drake and Garrett's team was undefeated! They are getting so fun to watch. Drake is really amazing on defense and he runs so fast that he manages to be wherever he needs to be all the time. He also plays forward sometimes and even scored their last goal of the season....with the goalie holding on to his leg! Garrett played keeper a lot this year and he is phenomenal! The first time he played keeper we had parents coming up to ask us who had been training him. Everyone was astonished when they realized it was his first time. I think we have a "keeper!" I didn't get a very good team picture this year. They usually do them on the last game but they did them earlier this year and I didn't have my camera. The one here is actually a cell phone picture that one of my friends sent me.
Zac's team played the Rec teams this fall and won all of their games except for the final game against the 13-14 year olds (Zac's in the 11-12 group) which they only lost by one point. They didn't have their uniforms yet, because we were still working on getting sponsors to pay for them, so they had to wear white shirts. Zac wore an old t-shirt of mine, inside out, because it turns out he doesn't own anything white. I guess his mom must understand how hard boys his age are on their clothes! I never did get a team picture of Zac's team either but I'm sure we will once their actual jersey's get here.







No comments:
Post a Comment