Well it looks like we made it through another Halloween Season. And I do mean "Season!" Here in our cute little town Halloween is a big deal and there are a bazillion parties and activities to go to. We only hit 3 or 4 this year though. First of all, we went to the cub scout pack meeting carnival where Drake and Garrett were in charge of a sack race game. They both dressed up as Harry Potter for that party because I didn't have enough orange hair spray to make Garrett into Ron for 3 days in a row. They were originally going to be Power Rangers but decided a few days before that they wanted to change their costumes. They are both reading the Harry Potter series right now so they are really into it. In fact, Garrett insisted that he had to have a black smudge on his nose and freckles only on his cheeks (not across his nose) like Ron has in the book. He really wanted to be true to his character! I was able to borrow Drakes costume from a friend and I made Garrett's robe out of a cheap Grim Reaper costume.
The next day Drake and Garrett had their school carnival which I was able to go to and take pictures. They had tons of fun going around to all the activities with other boys in their class (Logan McEvoy, Luke Brady, Logan Anderson and Mason Engar.) That's Luke doing the perfect photo bomb in a picture I was trying to take of Drake! I really loved how their wands turned out. We just used paper, hot glue and paint and they look really amazing! Pinterest for the win!
Lexi and Zac also dressed up for school on Friday. They were both Pirates since that is their school mascot. Lexi went to the school dance (it was during school hours) but Zac chose to go watch Hotel Translyvania in the auditorium because dances are "dumb!"
It was the most perfect night for trick or treating! The kids didn't even put on jackets for the whole time we were out. I was afraid it would be raining like it had earlier in the week, but it didn't. We hit three or four streets and then the kids had overflowing buckets and wanted to come home. Tyson and Gryffin came with us for one street and then they handed out candy. Well, technically, Gryffin just barked all night! Gryffin was originally dressed as Super Mini Mouse which he did not love. So he quickly became just Super Dog or Under Dog, I'm not sure which. Happy Halloween!
No comments:
Post a Comment