header picture

header picture

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

First Day of School

Monday the kids started back to school. They were beyond excited even though they were saying they didn't want to go back. All summer they were saying that school was a dirty word, but they tried on every new outfit of school clothes three times to decide what to wear! Monday was also Lexi's 13th birthday. She was obviously more excited about her birthday than she was about starting school....even though she really loves school. She was excited to get to be around her friends everyday. Zac was pretty nervous about middle school. I think he was imagining every worst case scenario that every kid entering middle school has ever worried about. He didn't even have older siblings trying to scare him like I did (Lexi was actually very encouraging and helpful to him, even to the point of letting him hang out with her and her friends so he would know some of the cool 8th graders!)




Drake and Garrett are now my only elementary school kids. They are in 3rd grade now and their teacher is Mrs. Leigh Ludington. Zac had her and we loved her so I'm glad my boys got put in her class this year. She is so much fun, but has a lot of control in her classroom as well. She does lots of fun science experiments and has lots of animals too. She has hermit crabs, a tarantula, and guppies in her room. She also brings in baby chicks, ducks and her pet turtle sometimes. The boys will get to hatch chicks in the spring. The boys also have a lot of their best friends in their class. When I saw the group of names at their table I couldn't help but think "That's not gonna last long!" They said, so far, they are being really good not to chat so they can keep sitting together!



I didn't follow Lexi and Zac into the school to get pictures of them at their desks, but they did pose for me outside the school, apparently that would be very uncool. Zac is in 6th grade and has Social Studies, Science, P.E., Technology, Language Arts, Math and Art. Lexi is in 8th and has P.E., Honors Math, Honors Language Arts, Band, Science, Journalism and U.S. History. Lexi is also doing Volleyball tryouts this week. I really do want her to make the team, but the 5:30 a.m. practices make me less enthusiastic!
As for me I did a little happy dance after I dropped them off and then I noticed how quiet the house was. It's gonna take time to get used to that again! I am planning to substitute teach again this year but I haven't gotten my first assignments yet. So until that happens I am working on a bathroom make-over and trying to organize and clean the house. Summer tends to reek havoc around here! Tyson is in meetings this week and will start teaching his classes starting on Monday. This summer went by way too fast!

No comments: