Last Saturday I ran the Mud Run at the County Fair. I guess I had forgotten from last year how hard it was! I attempted to train a tiny bit (only 3 outside runs. Whoops! My bed is just too soft in the morning!) The race is a 5K through lots and lots of mud, with way too many hills and obstacles all the way through. This year they added a really nasty water trough with floating bales of stinky hay that you had to work your way through and climb up on top of to get out. I ran it with my friend Sally Sanchez again and we beat our last years time by 1 1/2 minutes which was pretty good considering there were even more obstacles this year. I got 32nd place which was up a bit from 35th place last year.
The kids all ran the kids race as well. Last year it was a mile but I think this year was probably half that. I thought it was a bit too short. In fact, Tyson couldn't even get in front of the kids fast enough to get many pictures of them. Zac won 1st place and Drake won 4th. They were so fast that we only have pictures and video of them from behind! Then the kids participated in the tug of war. Drake and Garrett were on a team with Caden Dunn (our friends Mallery and Johnny's son.) Lexi, Zac, and Zac's friend Jackson were on a team together, which was a bit unfair because they are all big and were going again a bunch of little kids. They ended up winning the whole thing, but then got pushed into the water by some spectators just to keep them humble!
After it was all over I decided it was actually fun, despite the fact that there were parts of the race where I thought I was going to die! I will probably forget by next year how hard it was and will sign up again. Hopefully I'll also find the motivation to train better so I don't slow Sally down (she's one of those crazy people who think it's no big deal to run 10 miles!) Or, as Tyson would say, "Probably not."
No comments:
Post a Comment