Um.....so that title is a bit misleading, there will actually still be pencils and plenty of books, just not at school! Yesterday the kids had their last day of school for the year. It's hard to believe that now we have an 8th grader, a 6th grader and two 3rd graders! We were very proud of all the kids. They all got straight A's, and great citizenship grades. (Actually, Zac got one B+ in math, but he worked very hard to get that and I was just as proud as if it was an A!) I was also happy that Drake and Garrett were assigned to Mrs. Ludington's class for 3rd grade next year. She is a fantastic teacher and they will love her! Zac and Lexi won't know who their middle school teachers are until later this summer.
Lexi got a bunch of awards at the Middle School closing assembly. She earned Honors in Academics and in Citizenship, the Outstanding Health Student award, and the 2% club award. The 2% club is for kids who have 4.0's for the whole year and they get a card that makes it so they get to skip to the front of the lunch line all next school year. Zac earned a Perfect Attendance award, but lost the certificate so I didn't get a picture of that. Only 5 or 6 kids (in a school of ~500) got perfect attendance for the whole year. I probably wouldn't have even known about it if I hadn't been at his assembly!
I wanted to do something fun for the kids to start off their summer (it's the Pinterest mom in me trying to escape!) But first I had to tease them just a bit, so I gave them their "Welcome Summer" basket of cleaning supplies, worksheets, and flash cards. They weren't too impressed, even though I'm pretty sure they knew it was a joke.
Then I let them find their real basket in my bedroom. I had filled it with popsicles, stuff to make smores, drink mixes, bandaids (a summer essential!) fun cups, sunscreen, water shooters and other treats.
So far the summer is starting off really rainy (not that I'm complaining, we definitely need it!) but we are looking forward to lots of hot days at the pool, spending time with family, and playing with friends. We are planning to do activities using our City Pass (Hogle Zoo, Tracy Aviary, Park City Ropes Course etc.) going to Bear Lake and Lagoon. The kids are going to spend a few days at their grandparents, while Tyson and I take a belated anniversary trip to Glenwood Springs, CO. I also signed the boys up for science camps and Lexi is doing a sewing camp. We should be busy, busy and have lots of fun! Welcome Summer!




No comments:
Post a Comment