The next day we had a Birthday BBQ Bash! We invited 17 boys because we didn't want to leave any one out. I was kind of worried that they might all actually come! We ended up with our kids and 7 others that we invited and 3 that we didn't, which is how things tend to roll at Birthday Parties here in Price! It always cracks me up how that happens! But we were glad to have them all and we had a really great time. First they split up into teams and played a pretty competitive game of Capture the Flag. Zac has been wanting to play this for a long time but it requires a pretty good sized group of people so we'd never really had the opportunity. Then they had a BBQ dinner which we did under the carport since it was actually quite a warm day. Tyson did a marvelous job with the grillin' and I had salads, chips, watermelon, and drinks for about 3 times as many kids as were there! I guess I thought they all had appetites like Zac's. Then we did cake and ice cream and opened presents. Zac got a new soccer ball from his friend Jackson from his Soccer team, Legos from his friend Pierce, Garrett, and Prescott, and the others all gave him cards with money. He ended up with $50! Now he has grand dreams of how he wants to spend his loot!
header picture
Monday, May 5, 2014
Zac Turns 10!
May 1st was Zac's 10th birthday, or as he puts it, he is now a decade old! I think he just learned what a decade was and wanted to use that word in a sentence! He was so excited for his birthday and has been counting down for the past several weeks. I think it turned out to be a really splendid couple of days (that's how we do Birthdays around here, spread the fun over a few days!). On his birthday Grandpa Bill drove up from Loa to spend the afternoon. We opened presents and I made a more gourmet version of Zac's favorite dinner, Spaghetti. I actually made meatballs for the first time, and oh my!, they were so good! I'll be putting a recipe up on my food blog. Zac got Skylanders Giants (to go with his Skylanders Swapforce he got for Christmas,) two Nerf guns and a kickball from Tyson and I. He got two Nerf gun pistols and extra bullets from Grandpa Bill and Grandma Susan. He has been very into Nerf wars lately and was super happy. Unfortunately, one of the guns we bought him was defective so now he has to wait for a replacement. Oh well, I guess he's spreading the excitement out for a few more weeks. Also, the kickball lasted about 5 minutes out in our rather thorny yard (hey, I like rose bushes!) It's just a small hole though so if you pump it up each time you use it, it works fine.
The next day we had a Birthday BBQ Bash! We invited 17 boys because we didn't want to leave any one out. I was kind of worried that they might all actually come! We ended up with our kids and 7 others that we invited and 3 that we didn't, which is how things tend to roll at Birthday Parties here in Price! It always cracks me up how that happens! But we were glad to have them all and we had a really great time. First they split up into teams and played a pretty competitive game of Capture the Flag. Zac has been wanting to play this for a long time but it requires a pretty good sized group of people so we'd never really had the opportunity. Then they had a BBQ dinner which we did under the carport since it was actually quite a warm day. Tyson did a marvelous job with the grillin' and I had salads, chips, watermelon, and drinks for about 3 times as many kids as were there! I guess I thought they all had appetites like Zac's. Then we did cake and ice cream and opened presents. Zac got a new soccer ball from his friend Jackson from his Soccer team, Legos from his friend Pierce, Garrett, and Prescott, and the others all gave him cards with money. He ended up with $50! Now he has grand dreams of how he wants to spend his loot!
We are so glad that Zac is part of our family! He brings so much personality to the mix. He's a very good, respectful, funny, smart kid! Happy Birthday to the coolest 10 year old I know!
The next day we had a Birthday BBQ Bash! We invited 17 boys because we didn't want to leave any one out. I was kind of worried that they might all actually come! We ended up with our kids and 7 others that we invited and 3 that we didn't, which is how things tend to roll at Birthday Parties here in Price! It always cracks me up how that happens! But we were glad to have them all and we had a really great time. First they split up into teams and played a pretty competitive game of Capture the Flag. Zac has been wanting to play this for a long time but it requires a pretty good sized group of people so we'd never really had the opportunity. Then they had a BBQ dinner which we did under the carport since it was actually quite a warm day. Tyson did a marvelous job with the grillin' and I had salads, chips, watermelon, and drinks for about 3 times as many kids as were there! I guess I thought they all had appetites like Zac's. Then we did cake and ice cream and opened presents. Zac got a new soccer ball from his friend Jackson from his Soccer team, Legos from his friend Pierce, Garrett, and Prescott, and the others all gave him cards with money. He ended up with $50! Now he has grand dreams of how he wants to spend his loot!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











No comments:
Post a Comment