The end of the school year always brings with it lots of opportunities to volunteer time in the kids classrooms. This week alone I have spent over 13 hours volunteering (not to mention also doing all my regular chores, hosting book club, and having my dad come visit!) It has been an absolutely crazy week but has also been a lot of fun. Monday I went into Zac's class for several hours to help them make salt dough maps of the state of Utah. I learned a lot about the topography of our state. I didn't take my camera so I don't have pictures. They will be displaying them at their County Fair next week.
Tuesday I helped do the Teacher's Appreciation Lunch. We went the easy route this year and ordered pizza and did a salad bar. The teacher's seemed to really enjoy it.
Wednesday I took the whole day off because my dad came to visit. He was just here for one day because my silly little sister decided to have a baby and needed him to come to her house to help watch her kids while she and her husband were at the hospital. I have a new nephew named Nathan Benjamin Holmstead, so I guess it was worth her stealing my "daddy time!" I did get to spend 24 hours with my dad though. We went to dinner at Wingers on Tuesday night and then made an exciting trip to Walmart the next day! We do know how to party around here!
Thursday I was able to spend the whole day with Lexi at her band festival. We went to Emery high school in Castle Dale. They played the songs Kitty Hawk March and Chariot Race. They did such a good job. They ended up getting a score of 1- which is the equivalent of an A-. Not too shabby for only one year of band so far!
Today, Friday, I went to the school to help with Zac's 4th grade Rendevous. They study Utah History in 4th grade so they have this hands on activity where they play pioneer/mountain man type games. I was in charge of the ring toss on the elk horns game. Once each group of kids got bored we played Duck, Duck, Goose (or Sausage, Sausage, Bacon....or Waffle Waffle Pancake....or toothbrush, toothbrush, toothpaste etc! Zac wanted to play it as Burp, Burp, Fart but I didn't want to get in trouble!)
After the Rendevous I went to check out Lexi's technology exhibit. They had to take apart an electronic device, figure out how it works, and create a display board to exhibit in the library. Her group worked on a Remote Control. Some of the other groups did things like Playstations, VCR's, Clocks, etc. Also, it's hat day. I sent Zac wearing our "Grandpa Hat" but found Lexi wearing it. Not really sure what happened there. She looks darn cute in it though!
What a fun, busy week! I am now catching my breath for a day or two before we tackle next week with all it's field trips, County Fair, and Wave Pool days! Whew!







No comments:
Post a Comment