May was such a whirlwind of activities that it seemed to go by in a blur! Kids had field trips, band concerts, field days, wave pool days, County Fair, and park days. I volunteered so many hours at the school that I think they were considering putting me on the payroll (or, at least I had my hopes!) Unfortunately, my camera that I've had for close to 10 years decided to kick the can right before all of these fun activities, so I don't have very many pictures. Tyson did get pictures of a few things with his camera so here are some of the things we did that last couple of weeks of May. The boys finished up their soccer season, and boy did they go out as winners! Zac's team was number one in their league. They only lost one game this season (and tied a couple) so Zac was very happy.
Drake and Garrett also had a very successful season. They won all but one game. After the final games of the season there was a Soccer Jamboree. The kids all loved the dunking tank and went on it over and over and over.....uh...except for Drake. He went precisely once and then decided that was not his kind of thing! But I'm glad he tried it at least once. They also had Bouncy houses and free popsicles and popcorn.
Grandpa Gerry came to visit us not once, but twice! He had only been here for a day when my sister Anna called to say she needed him at her house to watch her kids while she went to have a baby. But he did stop in for another day on his way back home. It's always fun to have family come visit!
Zac learned about the state of Utah in his fourth grade class. He had to do a report about Duchesne County. We spent quite a few hours of bonding time working on that project! Whew! But I think it turned out really great and he learned a lot by doing it. I went to see his exhibit at the school and the principal told me I could take him home early. So we decided to stop by Wendy's and get a big frosty to celebrate all our hard work!
Lexi and Zac both got to go spend a few hours with their classes at the wave pool. I managed to get a picture of Zac with his buddy, Ajay, but the one I tried to take of Lexi (with my Ipad) didn't work. They both had a good time though.
Lexi learned a new hairstyle. Now that's the literal definition of a 'hair bow!' Too bad she didn't learn it a week earlier or she could have sported this look for Crazy Hair Day.
Garrett, my little chef in training, has an Ipad app that is all about cooking. He got really excited to try making fruit kabobs. We also made two really yummy fruit dips to go with them.
Drake has really gotten into playing with his K'nex lately. They are a building toy like Legos but hook together in a different way. He followed the instructions to make a wheelchair and two cranes. Then Zac decided he wanted to buy his own K'nex roller coaster set and has been working on that today.
Also in May I participated in a 5K a Day challenge with one of my friends. I had to run/walk/hike/bike/elliptical 3.1 miles each day of the month. I tried to run as many of those days as I could. I finished the challenge strong today by running my best time (so far!) of 30:16. Considering I started out at over 36 minutes, I felt very good about my improvement, especially since I'm not a natural born runner. Probably the hardest part of the challenge was actually getting my workout in every day with all the other activities that were going on too!














1 comment:
What an awesome, busy family!
Post a Comment