On the last night we were in Logan we got some really heartbreaking news. Mike, my sister Heide's husband, had a heart attack and passed away. Even though he has had heart problems for several years now it was a huge shock. He has always looked so healthy and taken such good care of himself. We saw him just last month at our family reunion and it sounded like his heart condition was improving because of some new treatments he was trying. We will all really miss Mike. He was such a fun uncle and brother-in-law. He wasn't a man of many words but you always knew he cared. He was a huge tease and was just a really wonderful person to be around. I've known Mike since I was 14 and I have a lot of great memories of him. My heart aches for Heide and for the kids. This is such a devastating thing to have happen to them and they all deserved to have him for much longer than this. I am especially glad that they were able to have a 3 week long family vacation with him just last month. That time was so precious! Mike and Heide have four children, Anthony (age 19, not in the picture because he is on an LDS mission), Colton (age 17), Tess (age 13) and Millie (age 7).
Tomorrow morning I will fly out to Florida to be with Heide and to
attend the funeral next Saturday. All 8 siblings will be there as well
as my parents and Mike's family. It is awesome to see how my family has
really pulled together helping each other to find plane tickets and
arrange rides to/from the airport, as well as spouses and in-laws who will
take care of all the kids while their parents are gone for the week. I
really appreciate Tyson being willing to be both Mom and Dad for the
next week even though it is the week before he starts Fall semester and
it will be hectic and stressful. He is a really great dad and husband!

No comments:
Post a Comment