Last Wednesday, Aug. 21st, was the kids first day of school. I missed it because I was in Florida with my sister. But Tyson handled it just fine and everyone had matching clean clothes, clean faces, and combed hair (okay, so the boys' hair is too short to be combed!) I may make him do the first day of school duties every year now that I know how good he is at it. His pictures are certainly a lot better than what I would have managed to get!
Drake and Garrett are starting First grade and their teacher is Mrs. Erramouspe (pronounced Air-a-mahs-pee.) I have heard very good things about her and am excited the boys got her. It's my understanding that she is really good with the gifted kids and making sure they don't get bored. And believe me these boys are stinking smart and always need more of a challenge. Both boys insisted on wearing these shirts for the first day. Drake's is symbolic because it has a dragon and his name means "little dragon." Garrett just wanted to have muscles! I think it is such a funny shirt but who am I to argue with a 6 year old!
Zac has Mr. Chiara for 4th grade. We have known him since we first moved here 5 years ago and he was our neighbor. Zac used to play with his daughter Maddie. I think Zac and Mr. Chiara will get along well this year. Also, Zac is pretty darn proud of his neon green shoes!
Lexi has Mr. Prince for 6th grade. He is a fun teacher and she will do well with him. They already appear to have something in common too......matching boots!
I think it's going to be a really great school year for everyone....except me! The house is too quiet without my kids here!







No comments:
Post a Comment