August 24th was Lexi's 10th birthday or as she put it she is now "a decade old!" Seems like just yesterday I was crying all the way home from the hospital because I had to wear my maternity clothes home and we couldn't figure out how to put in the car seat the right way! Where does a whole decade go?!
Lexi really likes to be pampered and fussed over so Tyson and I got up early and made her breakfast in bed. She was very surprised but I know she loved it. She had been awake about 10 seconds when Tyson took this picture so she was still trying to figure out what was going on. She did have to go to school on her birthday but she really loves school so that was okay. After school I took her to go buy the boots she wanted for her birthday. She also got a bulletin board (so she'll stop taping stuff all over her walls!) and a white board for in her room and one to put on the outside of her door. I know that sounds like a boring gift but it's what she really wanted. I also bought her a book that she's been anxiously waiting for, Princess Academy: Palace of Stone by Shannon Hale. That afternoon the whole family went swimming and then out to dinner and then we watched a movie at home.
On Saturday we had a birthday party for her. She wanted a Spa themed party. We had 8 girls show up and we started out with a brunch of Doughnuts/Bagels, fruit, yogurt and juice/milk. Lexi decorated the table with fresh roses from our rosebushes.
It was so cute how much fun all these girls had doing their first facials! I really think this is something they'll remember for a long time. I'm no expert as a spa tech but all these girls seemed to think I knew everything. It was really funny!
I loved the picture with the cucumbers on their eyes! One of the girls (Taci) was insisting that the green stuff is supposed to be guacamole and you put lemons on your eyes! Ouch. I talked her out of that idea though!
Then the girls took turns using the foot baths. I actually have a friend who owns 5 foot spas! Five! She let me borrow them and it was perfect. Most of the girls had never tried this before and they really got into. We had half of them soaking their feet while the other half took off their old polish and filed their nails. Then we switched.
The girls really got into polishing their nails. They were coming up with some pretty elaborate designs. I was a little nervous to have that many girls polishing nails in my house, but there were no spills. I think some of my colors got a little mixed together because none of the girls could be bothered to let the polish dry in between coats, but that's okay. Several of the girls told me it was the best party they'd been to and my daughter loved it, which is all that matters anyway.
Then Lexi opened up her presents. She got a really cute scrapbook with supplies in it, some nice swim goggles, a magic slushie maker, a $10 Walmart giftcard and several colors of fabric paint to use on some tote bags and a t-shirt. She was very happy with everything.
We gave all the girls little party favors that had bath salts and loofah and a nail file. I thought they were pretty simple but turned out cute.
All during the party the boys stayed in my room and watched a movie. But after the girls finally left (some of the girls who were supposed to just walk home after the party decided to hang around and keep enjoying the "spa." They didn't want to leave!) we put some fresh water in the foot baths and let them have a little fun too.
Parties are always so exhausting but I love when they are done and you feel like they've turned out great!












1 comment:
Cute pictures! Lexy had lots of fun. It looks like she had a little trouble reaching the foot bath- what a shrimp! ;)
Post a Comment