header picture

header picture

Sunday, August 26, 2012

International Days

The last weekend of July was International Days. Zac and Lexi always enjoy climbing the rock wall and this year Drake and Garrett decided they wanted to try it too. I really thought they'd make it about half way and then want to come down, but both of them made it clear to the top. I was very impressed. I'm pretty sure I couldn't make it clear to the very top! Afterwards I found out that both of them thought you had to go clear to the top, they didn't realize you could ask to come down if you wanted to!


I didn't think Drake's legs would be long enough to reach some of the footholds but somehow he did it and made it all the way to the bell at the top!
Garrett got to the top and then his harness got stuck on one of the handholds and he couldn't get off of it.  So one of the staff members had to climb up and rescue him.  I was afraid he was going to panic, being up that high, but he just calmly sat there and waited. 
Then we went around to the other activities.  The kids enjoyed the fish pond and the bouncy houses.  This year they didn't get as many turns on the bouncy houses as they usual do though.  The lines were too long and we did a lot of waiting.
Tyson even got to come with us this year.  Usually he can't come because the date always lands on the day of the finals for his summer classes.  This year he taught the first session of summer term instead of the last session so he was on vacation and could come with us.  Here they are all enjoying the slushies.
The next morning we went to the parade.  I was in the parade this year, passing out flyers for my Tae Bo class.  The kids loaded up on candy!
We always have a fun time at International Days!

No comments: