header picture

header picture

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Back to School

One thing about having an incredibly painful toothache (whole face ache?!) is that you don't sleep AT ALL at night and are able to really get caught up on blogging! I go in for a root canal this afternoon and I have to say I'm fairly excited about it....anything to get rid of this excruciating pain so I can finally sleep again! Anyway, enough about me and on to my post. It was bound to happen and it most certainly did....summer has now come to an end and school is back in session. My kids really love school and were very excited for it to start. Lexi and Zac started about a week before Drake and Garrett did since the boys had to do their Kindergarten testing. 


Zac is now starting 3rd grade.  His teacher is Mrs. Ludington.  We were able to request our teachers this year and I requested her because she has a lot of experience, is really good with the kids, and loves science and has fun animals in her classroom (frogs and turtles.)  Zac had a pretty rough second grade year so I wanted to make sure this year will be much better.  He had three different teachers throughout second grade and there were a couple of boys who were bullies in his class.  It just makes a parent's heart break when their kids are getting picked on at school!  One of "the bullies" is in his class again this year, but I had a good talk with Mrs. Ludington about it and I think she'll make sure and keep an eye on things.
Lexi's teacher is Mrs. Gagon.  I really don't know all that much about her, but she is who Lexi asked for because some of her older friends really liked being in that class.  Lexi could honestly learn in just about any classroom though, so I wasn't too worried about her.  She signed up to do PEAK (gifted and talented) again this year.  We won't know for a couple of weeks if she made it in, but I would be very surprised if she doesn't.  In fact, Mrs. King, the PEAK teacher came to her classroom just to make sure Lexi had her application form to turn in.
I love this picture Tyson took of the kids all lined up at the bus stop. This was actually taken on the day Drake and Garrett started school even though I drove the kids that morning. Sometimes staged pictures turn out pretty darn cute! I also love that the bus stop is at our house. I can watch out my bedroom window and make sure that everyone makes it on. Or, in the winter when the weather is bad, we can wait until be see the bus coming and then run out, rather than wait forever in the cold.

My next post will be all about Drake and Garrett and their first day of Kindergarten. I've decided to do a separate post about them simply because when you don't sleep you have to find a way to fill up a lot of extra hours! And cleaning out the storage room is highly over-rated!

1 comment:

Heather Hoyt said...

I know what you mean about the root canal. I got one last week and it was wonderful. I didn't hurt anymore.