First Zac was Knighted by the King and put into service. The boys got to serve the meal to their families. Since we had a Knight theme they wanted there to be no eating utensils, aside from knives. So we gave each family a whole rotisserie chicken and platters filled with grapes, cheese cubes, and fresh vegetables. We had individual cheesecakes for dessert, though I'm not sure how medieval cheesecake is? But it tasted good and that's all that matters!
The kids all loved eating the food with just their hands. The lights on the tables were pretty but it was kind of too dark to really see. Oh well, there was medieval ambiance!
Here are a few of the members of the royal court. There was a King, Queen, Wizard, and a few Court Jesters. The King and Queen are the Warners and they will be Zac's den leaders.
Tyson and I acted the part of Sir Zachary's squires. Zac got to try and shoot this red cup off his dad's head using a nerf crossbow.
Then we got the chance to shoot marshmallows at our young knight while he practiced defending himself with his shield......
He mostly just cowered behind it!
There was also time for some jousting....
And some sword fighting.....
The activity was really fun and I thought it was a great success. I can't believe all the effort these scout leaders go to for these boys! I'm excited for all the fun Zac will have in scouts and all the great things he will learn. Also, I found a glue that works to put on patches, instead of sewing them, so that makes me very happy too!










1 comment:
Zac, it's so awesome to have you in cub scouts!
Your loa grands
Post a Comment