When I say "March Madness" it has nothing to do with sports. It just means its been a busy month around here! This month seems to be just flying by and I keep forgetting I have a blog I should be keeping updated. So here's a little sampling of the things happening around the Chappell home.
Drake and Garrett will be going to Kindergarten this Fall so we had to do the dreaded Kindergarten checkup and immunizations. I told them they were going to the doctor and they didn't even know what I meant. Turns out that neither one of them has been sick enough to go to the doctor in the last 3 years! Pretty healthy boys, I'd say! They both did really good with the checkups and the shots. Just a few whimpers. In fact, Garrett was more upset that the doctor made him strip down to his underwear than that they gave him 4 shots. I had no idea he was concerned about modesty!
Garrett was pretty proud of his bandaids! Both boys had pretty sore legs for a couple of days but it wasn't as traumatic of an experience as I was afraid it would be.
This past Thursday Tyson's parents came up and stayed with the kids for the day so Tyson and I could go do a little shopping and have a date. I found this Hunger Games t-shirt and had to have it. I'd been wanting a Hunger Games shirt but I didn't want the one with the huge flame all across the front, or any that had pictures of the actors. This one was just right. It has the shield of District 12 and says "May the odds be ever in your favor." I'm pretty excited to see the movie in just a few days!
While we were gone Grandma Susan and Grandpa Bill took the kids to eat at JB's. Zac and Lexi have both gotten Perfect Attendance awards for the past 2 quarters so they get a coupon for a free kids meal at JB's. The only problem is that Tyson refuses to go there (bad experience 2 times in a row!) so the kids meal coupons keep piling up and going unused. But Grandma and Grandpa were brave and took all four kids for an evening out on the town. This way everyone is happy, Tyson doesn't have to eat at JB's and the kids do get to eat there.
Friday we decided to take out all the bikes and go for a ride. It was a beautiful day for it!. It's been really fun to go on rides as a whole family now that Drake and Garrett are riding well enough to go on long rides with us too.
We also put new ceiling fans in Lexi's room and in the Master Bedroom. I think they look beautiful and are going to come in handy when the weather starts to heat up.
Tyson and the kids also put up the Trampoline. The kids have spent lots of time jumping and showing off their tricks!
Tyson has been enjoying his Spring Break this week. He's been playing lots of video games, reading, and spending time with the family. It's been nice to have him home! I do wish the kids school had the same Spring Break as the college does so we could go on a little vacation, but alas, it never ends up that way. Oh well, we've always got summer, and it's just around the corner!








No comments:
Post a Comment