We haven't done anything big and spectacular in the past few weeks but I thought I'd post about a few of the simple things that make life so enjoyable.
Learning: Drake loves Preschool and makes me come up with preschool activities on the days when they don't go to Miss Merrilee's Preschool. He used the fridge magnets and put them in Alphabetical Order all by himself. He's such a smart kid!
Bike Riding: We are a bike riding family! Tyson often rides his bike to work (about 6 1/2 miles round trip). He won't ride if it's colder than 25 degrees though. I can't for the life of me figure out why! Drake and Garrett are loving the new bikes they got for Christmas! And the weather has been so balmy we've spent lots of time out riding up and down the street.
Cadavers: Most normal people wouldn't list this as one of the things that makes life enjoyable, but I guess we're not normal! The College recently built Tyson a new Cadaver room. He has space for 2 cadavers now. So last week he went and picked up another cadaver so he now has a male and a female. Tyson has been very instrumental in improving the college since he was hired. And to think they used to do all their dissecting on cats!
Dads and Donuts: The school does an activity called Dads and Donuts, but since Tyson wasn't going to be able to go to the school we had our own Dads and Donuts morning at home.
Silly Pups: Gryffin has taken to sleeping in really odd positions lately. Whenever I look out the window and see him sleeping it makes me laugh! We think our dog is the best!
Helping: Lexi really loves to help. She is such an awesome daughter!
Park Days: I know it's January but the weather has been very nice. So we've taken the opportunity to go to the park a few times. That's one happy Zac man!
Puzzles: We are a puzzle-puttin-together family! If it's Sunday afternoon there's probably a puzzle being put together at our house.
Being a Kid Again: Zac got a Ripstik for Christmas. It's kind of like a skateboard but quite a bit more difficult to balance on. Zac is getting really good at it. Oh wait, you say this isn't a picture of Zac? Oh yeah, Tyson tried it out and liked it so much we ended up buying him his very own Ripstik!
“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.” Laura Ingalls Wilder










1 comment:
We couldn't agree more with L.I.W.'s comment on "simple things". Thank you for it as well as the family pictures.
You all look very happy doing both difficult as well as simple activities.
We love you six special people!
The Loa Grands
Post a Comment