header picture

header picture

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Saving Money

Lately I've been interested in finding ways to save money.  I think it's my way of contributing to the family finances since I don't work (well, I don't get paid for my work anyway!!!)  It is kind of silly that I wasn't interested in finding ways to save money back when we were in graduate school and didn't have any money.  Now Tyson has a great job and now I'm interested?  Seems kind of backwards, but better late than never, right?!!
 I wanted to share a few of the things that I've found lately and see if any of you have suggestions for me that I don't know about yet.

My favorite these days is Ebates.com.  It's a website that you go to and see if they are partnered with the store you want to purchase something online from.  They have a huge list of stores!  The only one I know of so far that they don't have that I wish they did is Amazon.  Anyway, you sign up for a free account and then go through their website to get to the store you want to shop from and you earn cash back on your purchase.  So far I've bought stuff from Kohl's, Bath & Body Works, Drugstore.com, and REI and I have over $20 of cash back that they will send me a check for.  Yay!   Go through this link and we will both get a $5 cash back referral bonus.  :)    

5 comments:

Tyson said...

So Cool! You are wonderful in every way!

Amanda said...

I agree with Tyson. :) These are really great tips. I wish I had some for you. I feel like I am in the poor and not saving money stage you were referring to! :) I am going to check some of these out though since I am trying to be better in every way this year. ;)

The Jackson's said...

An area we have been saving money is in the laundry department. I make home-made laundry soap (the wet kind) and I also make my own spray 'n wash. I know there are recipes for dry laundry soap, I have just never tried it. Good luck on saving money!!!

Amber Chappell said...

I have considered making my own laundry detergent, but how do you make it smell as good as store kind? I love the smell of Tide and Wisk. If I could imitate that I would definitely make my own.

The Jackson's said...

Sorry, I don't have an answer to that question. When you find out, let me know!