As I mentioned in my last post we are a puzzle-piecing family. I read somewhere about how good puzzles are for brain development and decided we would implement puzzle time as a regular Sunday activity. We've been doing it for the past 6 months or so, but this last weekend we went a little above and beyond our usual activity. Or to steal a phrase from The Grinch Who Stole Christmas "we puzzled til our puzzlers were sore!"
We got this box of 8 Disney puzzles for Christmas and the kids had this great idea that we should put them all together over the long weekend (we had Monday off for Martin Luther King day). In total, we put together 2,500 pieces (because we actually did the Jack Sparrow one twice).
Maybe I should say we put together 2,499 pieces. This Winnie the Pooh puzzle was 500 pieces of pure agony! There were only two different shapes so lots of pieces seemed like they fit in places where they really didn't. We took a couple of days to do this one because we could only do a little at a time. When we got to the end we realized we were missing two pieces.
Tyson was so determined to find those two missing pieces that he completely tore apart my living room to find them. In the end we only found one of the missing pieces. But my living room got a thorough vacuuming and dusting! We even washed the walls behind the furniture!
Plus, I got my couch cushions taken off and vacuumed under. I think I may start losing puzzle pieces more often!
And here are the completed masterpieces! The kids actually did most of the smaller, 150 piece, ones by themselves. Drake especially has a very long attention span for puzzling, Garrett.....hmmm....not so much!
Looks like you need your tongue sticking out to really focus on puzzles!
I think I need to go invest in some new puzzles so we have plenty of variety. Maybe it would be fun to get a puzzle made of our own family picture? Or is that just being vain? Ahhhh....who cares!







1 comment:
I can't do puzzles. I can get a little addicted and find myself abandoning things, like my child and eating and that sort of thing.
Post a Comment