header picture

header picture

Friday, May 20, 2011

Wave Pool Day


Yesterday I learned that elementary school teachers are terrified of their students. How do I know this? Well, they weren't willing to cancel the field trip to the wave pool and face the wrath of 200 children, despite the fact that it was 48 degrees outside and they've already taken the bubble off the pool (for those who haven't been to our wave pool, it has a big bubble on during the winter making it an indoor pool so you can still go swimming.) So the parents and teachers supervising this activity sat bundled up in sweatshirts while all the children dove right in and played for two hours. The pool is heated and Lexi and Zac both swore they were never cold, but I wasn't about to get in that water!




Remember when you had to go to Disneyland to get a churro? Not anymore! Our kids have it so much better now than we did as kids!


Now on to more fun activities next week - Lexi's field trip to a life science museum, field day, and the talent show. I swear the last two weeks of school are just play days!

3 comments:

Kristina said...

As long as they weren't turning blue. . . :) That's so fun that you have a wave pool there! I was just so excited to find out that Fillmore has a pool, but how cool would a wave pool be? :)

Erica said...

I'm excited for the wave pool in the summer! I can't believe they let them go swimming! It was freezing!! Hope none of the kids were sick!

Moores said...

I am glad that your kids were not freezing! I think I am a little cold just looking at the pictures!