header picture

header picture

Saturday, June 26, 2010

A week at Grandma's

Lexi and Drake finally came home from their week at Grandma and Grandpa Chappell's house. They had an awesome time but I missed them way too much. It's amazing how much quieter it was around here with half as many kids.

I don't have many pictures yet to share but they did do lots of fun things. They went riding horses and fishing and played at the park. Lexi found her two new best friends. They are the twin daughters of one of Tyson's old high school friends. The three of them spent lots of time giggling and made cookies (not once, but twice) and they made aprons at the twins' grandma's house.



The first day they were there Lexi got a wee bit excited and fell down on Grandma's tile floor and split her chin open. Luckily the doctor was able to glue it together instead of doing stitches. (Also, it was lucky that he's actually covered by my insurance...whew!) I kinda feel bad for grandma and grandpa having to witness the completely out of control freakout that my sweet child has every time she sees even a drop of blood. I think nursing is definitely not a possibility for her future career.
(Sorry...I know this is a terrible picture!)

So the moral of this story is: Don't send your kids for a week at grandma's or they'll be scarred for life!

***To all grandparents -- Please note that this is entirely a joke and don't write us out of the will!!! ***

No comments: